Dual switch hosts? 1 x 18650 or multiple 18650 side by side only.

I’ve been working on a driver for a specific light with both a mechanical and E-switch. The E-switch is a mod, and bit of a pain in the * mod too. I might want to make more lights with this driver and firmware, but would rather not have to do any host modding for switches. Are there any decent dual switch host only options available? Or rather cheap lights with descent hosts?

Any amount of 18650 cells are of interest, but only side by side. I really do not like long flashlights.

warsun CT9T

Looks interesting indeed, thanks. Noticed that Warsun have a few more dual switch hosts but the CT9T looks to be the most interesting one of them.

Looking for hosts for multiple types of lights, so more suggestions welcome.

Courui DO1 COURUI DO1 'Big Head' (Black/GRAY NOW AVAILABLE) $29.99 @ Gearbest ( use coupon: gbcourui) A long-throw modder's light!

You can easily add a rear clicky switch, just solder a switch instead of the small cable and drill a hole for the rubber cover in the back. See Courui Big Head overhaul with XP-G2

I would like to hear some details regarding driver and firmware.

Supfire L5

Convoy L4

Although it does look like an easy mod I think I’m going to at first look at the hosts where it’s not needed. But I’ll keep it in mind, looks like a good host.

I’ve made a few driver boards based on the ATtiny84, the latest being one for a ZY-T08 series conversion (MT-G2 or XHP70) with 8 x AMC7135, a FET, a slave board with more 7135s, E-switch, off time cap and temperature sensing. I’m in the middle of coding the firmware and have just taken a liking to the dual switch interface options, so naturally I’m looking for other types of lights I can use.
I also have “generic” 17mm and 20mm drivers based on the ATtiny85 which I made E-switch compatible, even though I was pretty sure I wasn’t going to want to use E-switches. Well, I was wrong, the interface options of dual switch lights are superior, especially when it comes to having an interface with user programmable modes and options. I’ll be making driver threads later, first one out is the ZY-T08 and it’s soon ready to be mounted into a light.

Are you sure about this one? From what I can tell it’s side switch only.

Ahh, I forgot about the L4! I had discarded it a long time ago, along with all other lights/hosts with E-switches. I like Convoy hosts so I’ll probably be getting one sooner or later. Too bad they don’t make the smaller S series with dual switches. I might have to mod one, I know someone here did a S series light with a small E-switch mod.

S2+ e-switch? That be me :)

Member Firelight2 also made one using a different approach.

Yep, that’s the one I was thinking of! I have a few XPL-HI triples on the way from RMM/Mountain Electronics, and now that I’m really liking what I can do with dual switches and 8K of programming space I really want a S2/S3 triple with this interface. You’re not taking orders are you? :slight_smile:

Nooooo. That one fought me a little before I got it right. I'm afraid for now it's a one-off :)

Understandable. I’m not all that eager to experience that kind of PITA myself.

This one is 1x26650. Looks like a new design, I might just have to buy one myself.

Nitefighter F41C

http://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/Nitefighter-F41C-Cree-XM-L2-950-lumens-26650-LED-Flashlight/318310_32251719224.html

Hmm, looks interesting. Thanks!

Here is a smaller one. It’s kinda pricey imo, but there is a blf review that speaks very highly of it.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Crelant-7G3CS/1193462_1755240787.html

You may be interested in this thread too

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’ve got plenty to go through, at least regarding the 1 x 18650 hosts. I also now have a Warsun CT9T host to play with.

Anyhow, still on the lookout for one that has 2 x 18650 side by side mounted. Anyone know of any?