Durability of stock Convoy C8, M1&2, S2+ ??

Recently purchased a couple P60’s from PflexPro. Bad move. FAD ensued…

Grabbed an S2, M1, and dedomed C8 from Mountain Electronics. I like these Convoy lights. I am going to give a few of the PflexPro lights as gifts, and since the guys will have chargers and 18650’s I thought I’d gift some of those S2’s to the ladies as purse lights.

Got me to thinking though, how drop/abuse resistant are these Convoy lights? I bought the PflexPro based on the YouTube video showing the abuse that light took. I know these aren’t that robust, but I had several Ultrafire Wf-502b’s crap out after a 3 foot drop…

On Simon’s store page you can see all the abuse those lights can endure…and they seem pretty tough !
A member recently did a drop/crash test with an S2+ too

They’re a sturdier construction than the p60s, especially the C8.

See THIS

Thanks for that. I hope to be able to pot my own lights down the road, but I am looking for real world experience regarding box stock lights.

Does that you tube video claim that is a stock light?

I’m not sure of how much extra protection potting provides, but it’s safe to say the sturdy and strong exterior of the light is going to be the main factor in everyday wear and abuse.
Also, the S2+ must still be tough even without the potting to be dropped 40 feet onto concrete and thrown at a wall many times.

What was wrong with your pflexpro lights?

I would say the convoy line up durability, S2+ in particular, is quite outstanding for the price point. I carried my S2+ during the summer doing some plastering. Poor thing got submerged in plaster dust numerous times, dropped in a bucket of basecoat, dropped a few times from ~3ft, rolled around among tools, etc. Never skipped a beat. Still at about 95% condition (some specks of anodization on some of the edges have been lost).

Did run out of battery power a few times though. Might want to go with less than 2.8A driver if you’re planning on running it for more than 1.5-2 hours a day, or have some extra batteries.

All my Convoys are ridiculously tough. I trust them, reliability-wise, more than my Zebralight and BLF A6.

I dont think anything was wrong with thr pflexpro lights, it has started an addiction

I don’t think Convoy can compete with the durability of a Solarforce or Surefire but they’re not bad at the low price point. I have an abused 20+ year old Surefire 6P that is still kickin just fine and all my Solarforce L2’s have been really solid. Just from feel alone, I don’t think my S2+ can handle to many bounces off of rocks or cement.

Was wrong. Got 2 for personal use, am working with Randy on at least three gift packages for the holidays.

Just wanted some ~ $20 stocking stuffers that are decent quality. PflexPro quality would be lost on the recipients of the $20 lights…

I was going to say that if PflexPro lights let you down, you were not going to be happy with the regular Convoys…

For the most part, the lights like Convoy are tougher than almost any of the old incandescent lights, they would bust a bulb if dropped hot, I have some convoy S2+ 18350s that have survived several drops I did not think they would, both lit and unlit…

my s2 has been dropped on concrete and lawn while the sprinklers were on. no problems except one time the solder I used to secure the driver to the pill cracked and gave a very slight flicker. I retouched it and it’s been fine