DX reoffer - UltraFire V6-T60 XM-LT6 3-Mode 975-Lumen - $18.99 (was $24.4)

That's cool! I thought that since they seem similar, they would have the same reflector. Do you have any idea how others compare, like the TR-801, UF2100 etc, which "seem" to be similar in size?

So it's like you say, you change the driver and you have a hell of a little cannon... :)

I don't yet have UF2100, but it's on the way. ;)

TR-801 isn't XM-L, it never caught my eye so I can't compare.

It's definitely a cannon even with stock driver! Just no finesse. Driver swap is needed if you want to turn it into a real allrounder.

BTW, I ordered one. It will make a *really* nice gift.

Viktor

is it as bright as the fandyfire 2011?

About brightness, I would say yes and no, conditionally.

V6-T60 hotspot is brighter, but I'd say HD2011 gives more light overall because of the floodier beam pattern and it's direct drive. HD2011 also gets hot *much* faster (on high) than V6-T60, you can feel it heating up within a few seconds. For V6-T60 it takes about a 30s to a minute, give or take.

It also depends for what distance you plan to use them. V6-T60 is a better thrower, for all stated reasons.

Viktor

and thanks for the info. the fandy is VERY BRIGHT. so the ultrafire is not dd?

I don't really know. I'd say it's not, but I have no really good way to be 100% certain of that. I did measure 2.8A on V6-T60 high with the stock driver, with a cheap DMM, and really lousy probe wires. So my sample (at least) was driven pretty hard.

Edited to clear up which one I was referring to.

fyi, DrJones, in his review of the fandy on dx, measured 4.5A

This deal is still on, so.... bump.

Got one, after I get it I might look for a 3-mode driver... :P

Ohhh thanks guys....

Happy to be a part of BLF...!!!

Hope i get my light saber soon... :P

Mine is XML

V6-T60 is not a lightsabre, it's more a lightclub. :)

I have both the UF2100 and the HD2011 and they are nearly identical in construction and output. Beam output is the same as far as spill and hotspot but on the HD2011 spill is silky smooth where the UF2100 is ringy.

So if they also have the same reflector, then this one outperforms both in terms of throw..

Most likely, yes. This does sound like a great light. If I used my others more I would probably get this one too.

Ohhh....

HULK SMASH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Order dispatched!

If it takes as long as my last DX order, it will be here in time!

DX has dramatically improved shipping times lately.

Well mine is dispatched too...

Can't track it yet though :(..

But what's annoying me is apparently sku.5790(trustfire 2500mAh) is out of stock.. DARN..!

They told me while I contacted the CC for something else.

Gave an option to choose something else if I wish and I asked whether sku.19770 is in stock... sadly e1 that is OOS.

Told me to wait for 2-3 days... Hope it comes back in stock...

You can still get this one at DX, at it's regular price.

Both V6-T60 3 mode and 5 mode versions are available.

Viktor

It's good to have you here, steels_x3m!