E-switch UI Development / FSM

Sorry, there isn’t a change log for specific builds, or for the builds in general. However, there is a commit log in the code repository, mostly the fsm branch. The dates there and the dates on the builds should mostly match up, to give an idea what is different in each build.

That’s perfect, thanks!

I was laying out a 3ch driver today following the TA circuit diagram and I realized there’s no provisions for an AUX LED on his 3 channel boards. Do any current builds of anduril handle 3 channels (1+8x7135+FET) plus AUX LED? If so which driver is it or which pins are which?

My lexel TA driver with NarsilM has aux switch led, so I know there is a 3 channel board with aux support. I am not sure about Anduril thooo sorry.

Ok so I believe I’ve answered my own question browsing code but please correct me if I’m wrong…

I can use the ROT66pin layout;
1x7135 on pin5
8x7135 on pin 6
FET on pin 3
Switch to pin 2
AUX LED on pin 7
Internal voltage reference only

That right so far?

This is what I've done for NarsilM - use AUX LED on pin 7 since many times it has the voltage divider pad. Sometimes I've had to wire up a pin #3 to an MCU pin. I'll use 30 AWG wire and solder the wire so the wire lead lays over the MCU - found I can still clip it for programming this way - it's worked every time for me. I'm sure I got pics some where...

Ahh, here for an ZY-T11 clone:

85 with bent pins, air wired LED resistor, LED mounted on the grnd ring to align to a light pipe.

lately I've been using TA triples but as FET+1's. The latest NarsilM v1.3 has this capability. I don't have many eagle claw 7135's left, and no decent source to get them from. Last time I used a Lexel recommended source, they came in as the wrong type after getting assurance from the seller they were eagle claw. Got a full refund but still leaves me with no source.

I just watched a video of a guy cracking nuts with a SS Zy-t11.

Was that you Tom.

Yes, Anduril supports a 3-channel board with aux/button LED. It just needs a hwdef file to specify the pin layout and a cfg file to specify the UI options. Normally the aux LED goes on pin 7 in this setup, and it uses VCC to measure voltage instead of a divider.

Also, Tom, that is some really impressive soldering skill. I don’t know how you can get such small parts to be so precise.

Thanx! That was done when I was young, well under 60...

Hello,

first sorry, I didn´t read complete Thread :innocent: .

I read at TLF, that Andúril should work on Emisar D4s.
What´s about the AUX LED configuration.

Original Firmware on Emisar D4s is Ramping IOS V3.
7 clicks to change option for AUX LEDs.

Is it in Andúril also possible to change the AUX LED brightness?

thanks.

Yes it works, I have it on two D4S’es

The same 7x click on Anduril. On the D4S the modes are: OFF - LOW - HIGH - PULSE

Hi,
thanks a lot.
Thats sounds good.

So a colleague can flash my seven D4s´ for me ;).

Is there a complete chart, showing all functions and programmable options for Andúril, available?

I´ve only found this:

Thanks.

That IS the complete function chart :smiley:
Only thing missing from there is the AUX-7x click stuff. for AUX enabled lights.

There is a compete text version here if there’s something you are unsure of :slight_smile:

The questions were already answered in other comments, but I have one note to add. The original firmware for the Emisar D4S is actually Anduril. RampingIOS V3 came later, and is a simpler version of Anduril with a few things removed or rearranged. When I make updates, they happen in Anduril first and are then sometimes copied to RampingIOS V3 afterward.

Anyway, these are the most recent builds for D4S:

Hi,
thanks for all.

@ToyKeeper:
These builds for D4s are two different ones?
I can download them and flash (maybe).
Which differences are between them?
Or need I both to flash?

Sorry I´ve never flashed a flashlight-firmware, only somy mobilephones in the past.

I´ve bought a programmer some time ago:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1002900
Never tested, but looks like the same which I saw on pictures showing Emisar D4s head with pogo pins.

Is there a detailed review for flashing Emisar D4s.

Don´t know, which programms etc I need…
thanks

square74, I would suggest reading through the “README” file in the firmware repository, which is also in the first post or two of the firmware discussion thread. Click the Link in my signature for more information.

The main cautionary note is to avoid flashing any fuse values with avrdude. That way, even if it fails it should be possible to try again until it works.

On another note, I finally wrote a user manual for Anduril. This is only a first draft, but I hope it makes sense.

Thanks a lot, something to read for me the next sleepless nights… ;).

Programmer I´ve is ok, cables can I make by myself or solder it…

I have today flashed a ROT66 v1 with Anduril

What I find very strange is that no matter what I doo in thermal config it starts to get out of Turbo at 45°C

I pushed at least 40 times one time for 70°C buit it ignores it
set the room temperature smaller but did not help

Try building the firmware with THERM_HARD_TURBO_DROP turned off.

The default ROT66 build is a bit paranoid about overheating, and tries extra hard to avoid it.