E1320's AA

Welcome to BLF

Around $30 for an XML with the custom 5 mode.

i want one of these :slight_smile:

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

And thanks for the pricing info, E1320.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the 14500 format will be chosen as after using 14500s for awhile, NiMH just seems so dim. :slight_smile:

Is it current regulated? (constant brightness)

I’m excited to own E1320 original. I’d be in for an AA NIMH one whenever.

Welcome to the site, mfruit!

Thanks for that link. I've ordered the F20 and a U2 1A just now to go ahead with this. (Both shipping within the US too.)

-Garry

I hope you didn’t get the F-20 from T-mart. I ordered F-20 from T-mart when OLD4570 posted the mod thread and they sent me a single mode direct drive F-20 so I sent it back and they sent me another single mode F-20 so I sent it back and gave up on the whole idea until CNQ offered the bare host.

Yep I did! As I looked around it seemed kind of hit or miss on getting a 3 mode or 5 mode. Tmart listed as a single mode, but there is a review (FWIW) stating they received a five mode. Guess I'll take the chance. I also ordered a couple of the 50% off U2's from Illumination Supply, but then wondered if I should have tried out a Nichia 219.

-Garry

I would like to get in line for one of E1320’s latest creations.

Regards,
merk

i'm putting my nichias in lights I can't overdrive .Like the xiware lc 20 and the edit p-4 ..a few lights with drivers too nice to swap out .

Still not sold on bright .

I love the user interface on the xiware

I agree I end up using the Ultrafire AA with the Nichia 219 more than I do the one with the 3C XML. It’s nice because the color rendition is so much better and I don’t have to worry about leaving the Nichia on high and overheating it like the XML driven at 2.8 amps would. I will say the XML driven at 1.4 amps puts out quite a bit more light especially flood than the Nichia driven the same.

I just finished the last UF-2100 and I have a bunch of drop ins to make before I have time to start experimenting with the AA light project, but I will keep everyone updated with a new thread when I start making some of the AA lights.

take your time. dont have it become a drag for you.

i daresay anyone reading this site has enough lights to hold them until you have the time and inclination.

I’d LOVE one of these AA custom jobs running NiMH with a Nichia 219 in it. 0:)

I think the F20 is cheaper on DX and I also think the star is 14mm, not 16.

I was avoiding buying from DX and I can file down the 16mm star to fit.

-Garry

I’m interested. I can tell I need to educate myself. A nicha 219? Is it a different brand of LED? I.E. not CREE?

Yes, another brand. The nichia 219 (available at Illumination Supply) is touted as a great "high CRI" LED (i.e. very good at accurately rendering colors). See thread here. I think someone posted an outstanding color rending photo between the nichia and other Cree tints.

-Garry