****Eagle Eye X6 Heatsink Payment page****

Hey guys I have not been on in a few weeks due to few laser eye surgery's but I'm going to start packaging then up tomorrow :) I'll be updating the 2nd post on the members order that shipped

Sorry for the delay :(

That’s completely fine Nitro! Don’t stress out over our orders too much :wink:

It helps subdue my flashaholic tendencies by being forced to wait longer :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope your surgery went well!

I hope everything went well with your lasereyes :wink:

Got an update for us Nitro?

Hopes all o-k...

Hey guys sorry for being out for awhile I got into so bad shape over this month ,orders will be going out today please post when u receive them or with any problems. Thanks again and have a Merry Christmas

Hi,

for me there is no need to hurry. I don´t even ordered the parts for the mod :wink: Get well, soon!

Greetings

Kenjii

Thanks for the update :santa:

Thanks nitro! Will keep you posted when I receive the heatsink (and when my build is done :))

So what do I need?
Ledil optics, xp32 with 3xpl HI and a Fet driver?
or are domed LEDs better?

I'm going for the regular XP-L because they have a bit more lumens output and I don't need throw in a floody light.

I have a triple and quad X6 with the original custom nitro heat sinks, in aluminum, and much prefer the triple because it actually has some throw - the quad is a pure flooder. I got a copper triple heat sink on order this time, but I gotta check on parts myself -

Quad: XP-L V6 2C (from Illumn), 20 AWG wires, UCLp 35 mm lens, on a SAM 25R @4.20v: 11A, lumens: 4285 @start, 3900 @30 secs

Triple: XP-L V6 3D, 18 AWG wires, no lens, added a 2.42 mm copper square shim soldered under the MCPCB, A17HYBRID-S driver w/SIR800DP FET, blf-a6 firmware, EFEST 35A - 10.02A, lumens: 4250 @start, 3883 @30 secs, throw: 27 kcd (329m) measured at 5m

Both triple and quad are pretty tweaked out with LED+ passed thru drilled hole in the driver to the spring, bypass on the tail thru the switch PCB, etc. Might be hard to do much better than this, but anything is possible: maybe better FET, maybe better cell, maybe the V6 1A'a available now could measure out little better.

Both are simply awesome lights though - incredible power for a light that can easily fit in you pocket. Amaz'n with the 18350 tube also Smile.

I’ve yet to finish my X6 3up XP-L HI, ran out of optics, because I destroyed a bunch during my last X6 3up builds and especially while trying to get GITD in those optics.

But with Nichia 219B-V1 triple X6’s I really liked the results of having some dedomed. My X6 3x NVSW219B-V1 sw57 has two of the three emitters dedomed and runs at 4.3 A, in terms of throw it almost matches my X6 3x XP-L, which has a FET-driver. If I had dedomed all three of the Nichias it would’ve outthrown the triple XP-L, and that’s while running at less than half the current and producing a beautiful tint and R9050 spec color rendering. That’s definitely not a pure flooder anymore, it’s an allrounder, the light I choose most often when I want to carry only one with me.

Isn’t it the opposite? Because lumen are anyway so high some hundred less are not so important. But throw is small so it would be better to narrow the beam…

I am not so familiar with tir lenses so I am unsure if dedoming is a real good idea. Does the lens need to be modified or just stock lens on top of dedomed leds?

HI Jake,

Are the copper sinks still available? Are these CNC machined?

Tom, may I ask what optic and MCPCB your are using for this?

Ohhh - the quad? the MCPCB is the one which you can't get anymore, I think??? Oh boy for the optic??? Dunno off hand, this was all the standard components at the time. Think'n it was the Carlco quad here: http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=68_69&product_id=376, not sure.

For the X6, the quad optic is smaller than the triple, so you need a lens to hold in the quad. The quad heatsink though was bigger - sort of makes sense. Probably could find better info in Dale's shoot-out thread on his X6's, or maybe Dale himself? Think the quad MCPCB's from Dtche (something like that?) are no longer around?

I may have a solution that for the mcpcb.

When you use this optic with XPLs are there any problems with fitment? Do you get any strange articles around the edges of the beam?

I have used the triple 20mm optics with XPL HI and there were little purple dots around the outside edge of the beam that were very unpleasant.

I don't recall any issues, but this was back in March. These optics are definitely better fit than the 20 mm's. I got a couple of 20's from Richard with his mod to open up the LED holes more to fit regular XP-L's - is that what you got or did?

I didn't bore the optic holes at all, I just used XPL HI. Maybe I will try it with the bore and see.

Got mine. Thanks Nitro!

Now I need to figure out what I’m going to do with it. Triple XP-L HI?

Those of you who know what you’re doing (in other words, everyone but me) should keep discussing what your plans are. I’m going to do something involving solder and LEDs at some point, and the more you guys talk, the better chance I have of it not being a disaster.