EAGLE EYE X6 XPL HI V21A 1200lunens LED flashlight Free shipping $22.13

Hi - thanks, but why isn't the X5 listed and described with a side switch on your site? And is it 6 modes or 7? It says 7 but listed 6 modes.

have this light for a while.
can say really please than expected.
small form factor, throw & brightness on par with my XM-L based light driven roughly on 3.5-3.8A with 50 & 60 mm reflector.
I keen to see XP-L HI on large reflector or multiled.
the only con is the clip, unusable to me. remove it for better hand grip.

Hi,

Store O.K. as of Sunday Night/ Monday Morning UK time.

Just Purchased another X6R as my 1st one off Bang Good has developed a loose USB port, so in-built charging is a bit Hit and Miss.

Not a Problem as I have many chargers, and tend to Gift this type of Light as a total Package to Non Flash-A-Holics!

I love the Quality of the rest of these lights though :bigsmile:

Is the port itself loose, or is the port loose on the board?

Yep thanks, he did reply to my message through AE about it and said the site was fixed, I also just ordered an X6R.

Just got in the EE X5 today from FT, also got in the "new" better ThorFire TG06, details in post #85. Really like the X5 - side button feels pretty good, excellent Eagle Eye finish to it, rugged SS bezel, though it has some sharp edges - gotta sand them down before putting in a pocket.

The X5 though is a long light - at 136 mm, it matches the X6R in length, longer than a X6, and lot longer than typical tube lights like the S2+ at about 120 mm. The fwd clicky works quite well - turns on the last mode selected. Modes are selected only on the side switch, and gotta use the tail switch to turn the light off. 5 modes, lo to hi, plus a variable strobe accessed on a press&hold.

On a LG HG2, measured: 2.95A tail, lumens: 1020 @start, 932 @30 secs, 8.75 kcd (218 meters).

Overall, really like it - the length is fine with me for the most part, button has a good feel and low profile, pretty good SMO beam profile - nice focused hot spot.

@pilotdog68
Haven’t had a chance to strip it down yet to verify what’s going on.

May get to it over the Holidays.

I’ll let you know if I get a chance to do to it!

Anyone else have a similar problem?

Cheers,
S-L :slight_smile:

I didn’t have a problem, but I noticed there wasn’t a lot of solder holding the usb port onto the board, so I reinforced it some on mine.

Ordered on the 23rd November, arrived today United Kingdom Signed for delivery, pleased with that!

Anyone know the output bins of the optional XPL HI tints they sell? I asked but haven’t gotten a reply yet.

I want the EE X6 XP-L HI 3A so damn bad….!

Gearbest only has the 1A.

My bank card will not allow me to do business outside of the US. - I have tried and tried to buy it from Aliexpress, to no avail.

How can I get this light? - I have PayPal.

Thank you,
-Chuck

Go to walmart and buy a visa gift card

They are getting better.

He said it was coming… I’m stoked for the X5R

Hi
High output was 1.8A with LG HG2 and max/turbo 3.1 amp, now high is still at 1.8a but max/turbo has dropped down to 2.3a, cells checked are fine. Not very impressed with this as i only used it 3 times so far.

mudguts - Parasitic drain responsible? Did you check the voltage of the cell?

What is an X5R? The pic shows an exact X5 - the X5 already has a side switch?? I got one.

Hi
High output was 1.8A with LG HG2 and max/turbo 3.1 amp, now high is still at 1.8a but max/turbo has dropped down to 2.3a, cells checked are fine. Not very impressed with this as i only used it 3 times so far. i purchased this through Ali Express. Also the centre of the hot spot has gone very yellow now as opposed to white.

See that nice blue glow under the button? And the white charging cable hiding in the background? It’s supposed to be an X5 with the same charging circuit of the X6R. I’ve been talking with the manufacturer, said it should be out early 2016

Translate link: https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://www.shoudian.org/thread-447246-1-1.html&prev=search

Sounds like a weaker battery, from exactly what you are describing, depending on how the driver works - PWM or regulated modes. When you say checked out fine - can you check the voltage? If it's not a high performance cell (or even if it is), 3.1A would not be maintainable as the battery depletes - this light won't have a boost driver - it's way too complex and expensive.

Not sure if the X5R is an improvement over the X5 - jury is still out on the charging. Been reported some failures in the X6R - I myself haven't had enough usage feedback on it, but Mitko reported failures, and his friends/customers seem to get high usage.

Failures like the port breaking? I gave an X6R to my grandfather-in-law, but I noticed there wasnt much holding the port onto the board, so I beefed it up with solder and potted before giving it to him and he hasnt had any issues. It charged reliably in all my tests as well.

Even if it’s a crap charger, If the port is there I can make a new pcb to fit and we can transplant a TP4056 circuit instead of the original.

I’m quite excited for the X5R