EAGLE EYE X6 XPL HI V21A 1200lunens LED flashlight Free shipping $22.13

Corrections, as always, appreciated. I should’ve googled what I knew and found out I, er, well … stand corrected.

The role of the two bolts machine screws is to stop the LED from rotating
(when the reflector contacts the white spacer while the bezel is turning, being screwed down tight.
We heard this on the earlier light when they were using only a single bolt machine screw

Those bolts machine screws —- because of the tapered-cone head shape — would push the emitter sideways if they were big enough to contact it when tightened

A better — in my opinion— bolt machine screw would be the kind with wide flat heads — often used to secure hard drives, like these:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/hard-drive-screw-50-pack-a14bj

Those wouldn’t have a bad effect on center positioning — they would clamp the emitter down firmly

Hidden strobe mode (from any light level, half-press the tailcap button twice fast to switch the strobe on; another half-press returns to the previous (right? mode memory?) light setting.

Never heard of machine screws?

It’s a screw unless it gets used with a nut,then it’s a bolted connection. SHCS stands for socket head cap screw.

Screw vs Bolt

This is how I always think of them. “Bolt” requires a nut.

My most recent error has been corrected, edited with strikeouts.

See — this is how the group here works.

Tell us what you think, and let’s see who can improve on it!

This particularly for the flashlight makers — the design, and the description, all can be worked on and possibly improved.

Jolly Good Show, Hank…

You are Da Man!
-CHuck

Wow, great price on the X6R too, only $21.38 on the AliExpress mobile app (special app discount)

By design, those screws don’t hold the mcpcb down… reflector will do that when the bezel is tightened. By having the smaller screws in place, the mcpcb cannot rotate and cut wires but it’s still free to shift side to side so the centering ring can align the emitter with the reflector.

Clamp the mcpcb down just a little wrong and kill the emitter during assembly. Remember, they aren’t just putting YOUR light together they’re building hundreds, thousands! The easier it is to get it right, the smoother production flows.

I’m sure a member here asked for the Xpl in the X6 hence the BLF special edition. I don’t think it was done to deceive, more a mix up.
Check the A6 thread that Shenzhen started, I’m sure it was asked in there.

Many people may not like the turbo timer, but if it really does run at 3.5anps, I think a 3 minute timer was the right decision

I was at checkout and had to cancel when I realized it wasn’t.

Tom

Thing is we already have a ton of these. Bring something new and good. We’ll make it better and it will sell like crazy.

For reference, the BLF EE X6 used PWM… but it was fast PWM, somewhere around 15 kHz to 20 kHz, so it is very difficult to see even if you’re looking for it. It’s not true current-control, but it’s close enough that even CPF’s selfbuilt couldn’t tell the difference.

If the new X6 works the same way, calling it “constant current” is almost, but not quite, true.

This light mostly appears to be the older BLF EE X6 with an XP-L HI (no dome) instead of the original XP-L, which should increase throw significantly.

Plus other changes like adding a strobe (?) and not using a DTP copper board. The specs suggest somewhat different mode spacing too, though I’d need to see actual measurements to be sure. And if I understand correctly, the strobe feature means it’s no longer possible to change modes more than once quickly.

I wonder what the actual output is. My BLF EE X6 gets 922 lm on turbo (and 560 lm on high), without modifying anything… which isn’t really high enough to need a step-down.

Hi ToyKeeper, the original has a XM-L2. Somehow I have a feeling the driver is totally different than the one the X6-SE came with. My guess is it’s a modified version of the driver that came with the ordinary X6 which had a similar hidden strobe. They can easily be resistor modded to achieve 3.5A.

BTW, I’m a huge fan of your work and I can’t wait to get the A6-SE!

[/quote]

This driver has been improved, no stroboscopic, no current sound,not used PWM

At present our company only have cold white HI
EAGLE EYE A6 has 1A 3D 5A can choose,5A add $1

+1. No discount at 淘宝? We would prefer Paypal payment actually.

The lack of a paypal option is an aliexpress issue. If you guys want paypal then suggest a similar site which allows EE to sell directly but accepts paypal. Ebay would, of course, come to mind but chinese seelers don’t seem fond of ebay. Simon just handles paypal orders outside of aliexpress rather than do ebay. But this doesn’t allow order status and tracking online through the aliepress’ system.

I have not problem buying stuffs direct from China, but it seem that Aliexpress offer could be the lowest right now. Wish Song can elaborate more.