Eagle Eyes F35 - Good Replacement for Fenix?

Is there a review of this light?

Looks like bugsy is the man to talk to about a review.
I’ll go ahead and place an order so that I don’t need to wait too long because of the holiday rush.

I just noticed that this was TexasToasted’s 500th post. Congratulations! I’ll hit 500 sometime in the year 2020, I believe.

There really is nothing to review. The photos accurately depict the light, as do the listed specs. The UI and switch setup is just like the PD35 and P12, with blinkies hidden. The ano is REAL HAIII and not "paint". The bezel is aluminum a square subtle crenelation. The side switch cover is aluminum and not rubber.

Understand this please. I did lots of research before I purchased my Fenix (before I found out about this addicting crazy hobby from BLF). At the time was to replace a stolen Strion HL. Then a few months ago my Fenix came up missing. I replaced my Fenix (stupidly at full retail) but was without a quality light for a week and that just sucked! I swore I would never be without a light again and started reading BLF and read the review about the X6. I ordered all of the EE lights for the cost of one PD35.

I swear by the EE quality and I promise that if you or anybody likes the PD35 or the P12 you will not be disappointed. The ONLY real difference is that the F35 is not quite as bright as the Nitecore or Fenix because it is pulling only about 2A possibly a tad higher but very little.

Thanks for the input. I was hoping for a stainless steel bezel but an unfinished aluminum is ok too. One of my favorite lights is a 4Sevens G5 from the original run. It came with both a stainless and an anodized aluminum bezel. It still has respectable performance but I want something more pocketable. 5 years of use and the only marks are the scratches on the bezel. That’s pretty much true of all my lights… except for the one that fell into a loaded cement mixer.

I really appreciate your input bugsy. I put in an order in for the F35.

And why were you pouring cement in the dark? Burying the evidence? :bigsmile:

That sounds pretty funny. I should have used that opportunity! Nothing left behind but their car keys. :wink:

Any interest in a discount code for this? See here:

That’s a great idea. I just placed an order for some. I could always try to get a few friends to take them as gifts and by more, though.

Might be. Shame it’s another XM-L2, an XP-G2 would have been nice in this size.

Looks like a 15% discount coupon is in the works now.

Forum Post

So which is better: EE F35, or Roche F6?

Does anybody have both?

I understand the EE is significantly longer, but are they the same thickness?

Mainly interested from a host standpoint

I’ve got both.

UI is different:
F6 has all controled by the sideswitch, F35 has a fwd clicky for on/off and (more) modes by sideswitch with a decent spacing between them.

PWM:
The F6 has noticeble and somewhat annoying PWM on its modes. F35 goes unnoticed -might still be there.

Finish:
F6 differes from vendor to vendor- get it from “Simon” for decent finish, polishing and tint choice on the led. F35 finish is nice and sturdy, I like it.

Batteries:
F6 should house protected if you get the newer ones (almost a given). F35 has a slim battery tube, protected might fit, might not –2600 Sanyo give the best chances otherwise be prepared to rip off the sticker.

I noticed GearBest now has this light for a very good price of $17.37:

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_140636.html

I also wanted to ask if anybody knows if the protected KeepPower 3400mAh will fit.

Thanks.

That looks like an awesome price... and thanks for posting it in the BLF Deals Thread too! THE place to post deals like this!

Glad to see youre helping out!

That is a great price, thanks for posting. Checking now it’s back at $24.49, so it must be at the lower price for limited time windows.

Its still $17 here!

When I check in Firefox, it’s $24.49. I logged into Gearbest, refreshed etc, but no change. I view the page in IE and it’s $17.37….must be the caching of Firefox. Thanks for confirming it’s still at the disounted price.

what about the low voltage warning, i dont buy lights without such a warning. Has this light a low voltage warning or something like that?

?
+1

And — tell me for this light, how do you get to strobe from off?
Is there either a button-press, or does last-mode-memory include the strobe?

I’m always looking for lights that include some (long press, double-press, mode memory) directly-to-strobe

Here’s why: More and more elderly and oblivious folks in my neighborhood (hey, the baby boom has arrived).
Some of us are walking in crosswalks, and some of us are driving.

Specifically for pedestrian crosswalks, where I’ve found even a half second hesitation fiddling or mistaking the setting lets an oncoming blind idiot get way closer than I like.

I’m starting to give such lights away to elderly neighbors, with amber emitters.

EDIT — there was going to be a new version, and maybe a host group buy?
EagleEye is here, they commented in that thread some months ago: