Eagle Eyes X6 VS BLF Special Edition X6? What are the differences?

I’m wanting to get an Eagle Eyes X6, but I’m not sure which to get? What are the differences? Which is better?

nothing just the logo that i no of, when i was having the X6 heatsinks made there was few questions on the inside measurements but the triple heatsinks turned out just fine for me

Aside from the customized print, the BLF SE has DTP copper star, AR Lens, & a different driver (4 modes; Moon, Low, Med, High,) w/ mode memory.

^^^^that's correct sorry i was just talking about the (Host)

Plus “high” is annoyingly turbo with auto-stepdown.

BLF version is much nicer overall, if you can get past the unnecessary auto-stepdown.

All correct but one thing: modes do not include a moonlight (1 lumen or less) mode, but are sort of “LOW MID HIGH HIGH-er” sequence, with last mode memory. Mode spacing disappointed quite a few users at the time, but of course a driver swap is always possible (provided you are capable of doing it).

EE updated the standard version sometime. The 3 I received have 4 intensities: lo, medium lo, medium hi, hi. No step down on hi. Has memory, and lo voltage protection.

So which would be the reccomended one to buy? The BLF? Will the output be different between the two? Also, on the eagle eyes x6 page, there’s a review that says that after a “simple mod” they improved the output: “After a simple mod the turbo goes up to 4.2amp.” What mod is he talking about?

bump

Try this post from BLF member Mitko:

I just got in my EE A6 standard, if I double click the switch too fast when changing modes, it goes to an insane strobe mode. Does yours do this as well? I like the split on the other four levels, just not happy with a disco mode that was not supposed to be there. I am eagerly awaiting the BLF special on this platform.

Thank you! That really helped! So the only major differences are the AR lens and the copper thingy if I’m not mistaken? In that case, I think I’ll skip the BLF Special Edition and get the Standard one. Anyone else wants to chime in? :smiley:

What do you mean by that?

If you plan on modding it for higher amps, you are going to need the “copper thingy” (MCPCB/emitter star) to help dissipate the heat properly.

I’ll definitely keep that into consideration.

This Group Buy: Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Looks like an A6 with more than I could do to it, done already….

It comes down to this....

• Do you want to have the BLF SE engraving?
  • Do you intend to mod this light and are you comfortable with trying?

If you want the BLF-SE on the light then there is no way around that. The stock version is no slouch and the newer 4 mode driver eliminates having to cycle through the blinky modes because they are hidden. If you are going to mod as Mitko did or change the driver then you will still need to add the copper for the emitter - meaning you will have to reflow the emitter to a new copper board (approx $1.50) or buy one ready to go with emitter (approx $7).

Buy either one....you will love the light

Will have to change LED and MCPCB anyway if he wanted a triple for example. Some modded are still better off with the stock version as a host. Whats the difference in price now? Can you use the bits you strip out in other builds? If yes, then the BLF might make sense still as spares for other builds.

Stock no mods, Id take the BLF. If youre going to mod, it depends what you intend to do. Since youre asking its unlikely youll mod, so Id go the BLF.

Does anyone know where I can get those resistors?

Has anyone done a recent comparison?

I know we have to keep checking — comparing notes here is the only way I know to find out what’s still being made the same way and what’s been improved, or cheapened (or, perhaps, both)