EAGTAC D3A single-cell AA/14500 goodness!

I dont know, you would have to go to the website and send them a message. But I did not know you were outside USA, I only suggested that seller because they accept returns, so you could buy, try, and return… but I cannot help you with international info. Your profile does not list your location…

good info :beer:
my 2014 D25a Ti is 16.8mm diam…!

Oh indeed. I am from Hungary.
It’s okay if it doesn’t work out now, you can often get very useful tips that you wouldn’t otherwise have access to. So thanks. :beer:

I started with carrying a 4 Sevens Mini for a long time. Then they discontinued it. I decided to find an AA light that was replaceable. I found the 25A and tried it. I liked it enough that I bought a second one, as they seemed to be getting hard to find. The D25A was in my pocket all of the time for at least 5 years. It is all beat up now, but really gave me no problems at all. I really like the little light. It has been very reliable.
Since the Wurkkos TS10 became available my D25As have been sort of retired. I carry the TS10 exclusively now. It does have a larger diameter as it it a triple, but it is considerably shorter. With a decent clip, it just sort of disappears in my pocket.

Another light that you may consider it the Tool AA. I got one recently. It is maybe a millimeter bigger in diameter , but considerably shorter than the D25. In fact it is very close to the size of my original favorte the 4 Seven Mini (which is the smallest AA that I have found before this) I did decide to use the magnetic tail cap (included with mine) instead of the lighted clicky. I just think the battery drain on the small cell is too great for what I get from the switch being lighted. The Tool AA is much cheaper than the D25 and widely available (often on sale). For the use it has gotten, it has been completely reliable. It is a worthy alternative to the D25.
But the TS10 is still in my pocket… As it seems to be for lots of people. It has more votes for best light of 2022 than any other light by a large margin!

I have two of the D25C Ti lights and have always wanted the D25A Ti (or D3A Ti). How easily is the emitter accessed to do a swap?

The Wurkkos TS-10 is often on sale for <$20USD shipped so, that might be something to consider if you don't mind being restricted to only 14500 batteries.

The Ti versions I have all came from Eagtac on Aliexpress and were ~$75USD delivered. In Hungary, that is probably going to be your best option.

Certainly. I just looked that up. My 3 D25As were purchased May ’19, June ’20, and November ’21. The latter has far higher quality threading (far less play / slop) than either of the first two, and in fact I’d rate it very good.

I will say that I checked out the info on the TS-10 that’s mentioned in this thread as an option, however I can think of at least a half dozen reasons why that would not replace the D25A that’s in my pocket right now. To me, they are sufficiently different as to not really be comparable. I won’t bother listing those reasons because that’s not my purpose here, and because I’m sure it’s also a good choice for some and we all have differing preferences. I believe in the “to each their own” thing!

Cheers!

@Desertcat,
I too believe in “to each his own”… but I carried a D25A for everyday for 5 years, so I know it well and obviously like it a great deal.

BTW, Both lights produce light, both use 14500 cells, they both have tail switches. So there is that.

I was so disappointed that they stopped production of the 4 Sevens Mini. I figured I could never replace it. I really did not want a tail switch!! The D25A was so different… But I came to love it. It just took a while.
I took a flyer on the TS10 when they were first released and on sale. Well it is now what I use, but it is so different from my beloved D25A… in mostly good ways.

You may want to give one a try, if not as a D25A replacement, just to check it out. Once you learn Andruil 2 and get it sorted to your liking, it may surprise you. I don’t use the AUX lights (they are easy to turn off), but do appreciate the much lower low level and far higher MAX output on the TS10. Though it did also take a good while to get used to.

I am keeping my D25As. One sits right next to the TS10s on the dresser. It just does not get used nearly as much these days.

I am not trying to sell you anything, just relating my thoughts…

LOL that’s impressive. My “obese” Sofirn SP10 Pro is a rotund 22mm at the widest section. But I do like the side switch (which increases the diameter) and it having Anduril. Plus on special it only cost me AUD$30.

Yes, they both really are different lights but are also relatively small compared to their competition in same flashlight class.

I have FW AA. TS10 came after. The orange aux led looks really good, but apart from that it doesn’t give me anything extra. It only costs half as much. If I had to buy it again, I would probably choose that one.
The current price of EagTac ranges from 63 to 97 euros. A bit much for me. Maybe if I can sell some lights…

I have a ToolAA in the car with a Nimh battery. That is the standard for me in terms of size. I was originally looking for that size with a side switch. I didn’t really find it. The Olight S1A was close to it. I had a Fenix E12 V2 but I didn’t like it because it was shorter combined with the mechanical switch and it was uncomfortable for me. the occasional lamp currently has a Reylight pineapple mini black alu.

Thanks for the feedback, that’s really good news!

[quote=papundekli]

I have an FW1AA which I really like as a mini-thrower. The FWAA doesn't do much for me personally. While the TS-10 loses the ability to run on normal AA batteries, I find it serves me much better overall and the aux light is nice as well.

[quote=sidpost]

I could hardly talk myself out of a FW1AA. I just watched it a few weeks ago. I really wanted one. But first I should sell FWAA. Approximately how far can it be used? I had a Manker T01 II, but it had a big head and I didn’t like its handling either. It could be used for about 100 meters.
I haven’t had a TS 10 in my hands yet, so I don’t know what it’s like, but the FWAA is a nice light, although I can only hold it in a cigar grip. After all, the FWAA is only there because the optics and the MCPCB were needed for the Olight Baton3. I would post the two Olights here as well, but I think the price of international shipping would put everyone off.

I can't really say how far it is useful but, when I pulled it out of the watch pocket in my blue jeans (5th pocket) and shined it at my tractor at ~150yd (or meters) away, from a friends front porch wondering how I got there, he was surprised when the reflector lit up brightly! I can't say my tractor was lit up well but, I could certainly see its major features.

The TS-10 to me feels a lot slimmer and smaller. The specs suggest this is an illusion. I think this is due to the narrow body and the lines it has which fits my medium sized hand so well. The FW1AA isn't large but, compared to the TS-10 definitely feels larger!

Yes, your best bet would be a sale in the EU where it would ship for much less. With shipping from the European region into the USA, I would expect to find a better deal for a new one from a good vendor here.

Shipping right now is super expensive so, for me it only works for items I can't purchase locally like my Optimus Polaris backpacking stove or Soto grey fuel bottles for my Muka stove.

What a joy to stumble upon a colleague with a tractor. :beer:
I think it’s a nice performance from such a small lamp.

I think it’s because the FWAA is also longer than the TS10, and the FW1AA is even a little longer.

This is completely understandable. At that time, I ordered a Leatherman Surge from the USA because it was not available here.
However, they are not quite ordinary lamps. One is a S1RII Desert tan with LuxeonV 4000K emitters, the other is a Baton3 triple TIR (if you can believe it’s Carclo in FWAA) AR coated glass with Luxeon V2 3-4-5000K emitters.
Although it is also true that you can get such things cheaper there.