East-092 driver for sale at FastTech!

Just spotted that FastTech has added the East-092 driver to their inventory! (For those who don't know, this is the stock direct-drive driver used in the HD2010 lights.) I know some people want these!

-Garry

...and the best just get better! :love:

So the no mode memory means it always starts on high?

I also found this high-voltage driver:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001753/1127409-3v84v-5-mode-led-flashlight-driver-circuit-hs1685b

No mode memory/5 mode. Anyone recognize this and know what the output current is? If it's a 2.8-3A circuit, this could be a good option for my V2 with its horrible "next-mode-memory" driver.

Fasttech is awesome.
They have to be connected somehow with our forum.
This cannot be explained other way.
:slight_smile:

Is there any advantage of that driver over the 7*AMC board that uses constant current?

The East-092 driver is direct-drive on high and not current regulated like the AMC board. Don't go by the specs on the page showing 2400mA max output. I personally don't like a direct-drive driver, but I know some people do and I knew one person in particular looking to buy these. I'd say the 105c (the 5x to 8x AMC versions) are far superior. My opinion of course.

It has been found that there is a way with the East-092 to get back to High quickly and easily without going through strobes (I think it was press & hold switch 2 or 3 secs).

-Garry

About 3a in the right host……

Usually reported to give 4A to 5A+ depending on cell quality (and 26650 vs 18650).

-Garry

Forgive my lack of electrical know-how, but would this be suitable for the new mt-g2?

I don't know how voltage works with this driver, though FastTech does list it as 3-5v, so I'd say no.

-Garry

My limited understanding is a driver controls the current and the voltage sorts itself out by burning off excess over emitter requirements as heat.

Match has just built an mt-g2 light, he used a 6v emmitter and two cell driver

Give you an idea what’s required.

It’s certainly got my head ticking 8)

For the CONUS guys, I think Erik (E1320) has a bunch of these FS even cheaper.

Does anyone know how much current these could push. (max) I'm currently thinking of putting it in my triple XML drop in. (which is done but I need to post pics)

That's my understanding too and why I stated that FastTech (if you can believe the specs they state) states max voltage of only 5v.

-Garry

I've never heard of a direct-drive driver being used for a triple XM-L. Doesn't sound like a bad use of one though. Wouldn't the max current be the max the cell can deliver minus losses in switch, contacts, etc. . .?

-Garry

As I understand it some of them have things in place to limit the current.

Has anyone been able to confirm this is infact dire t drive

I have the driver in a 3xD light.

I use tenergy 10A cells. emitter is soldered to copper heatsink.

I get over 5.5A at the tail.

I did test w/o the driver, and the current would go higher but I just tapped the meter leads to get a reading so I don’t know how high.

imho, the difference is simply the resistance of the circuit - not the circuit limiting to 5.5A

as far as this working for a triple xml

Some guys have said to never drive emitters in parallel because one can draw more current, fail and then the others will be destroyed

I don’t think “never” applies (ie, low current might be ok) but in direct drive, this scenario seems likely