Eastward YJ J09 - Came today !

Yeah I checked out both your reveiws old4570. It really is a pretty crappy light. Mode memory is unpredictable or just don't have it, mode changes are just weird, useless low mode and stobe as well. If I am stuck keeping it I will mod it to one mode because it is bright.

LOL I just just got the fastest refund response in the world:

about 30 seconds later I received this:

I am trying to avoid the PayPal dispute method, but they are driving toward it with these responses:

Yep, same problem here. I filed mine as defective. But the problem with “Defective” is that then they can blame it on the mail system for damaging the light, or they can blame the supplier, in which cases they say they need the product returned to make a claim.

Vectrex,

For whatever reason I can't get the "Quote" function to work but.......

Was the refund for your Eastward J109? Do you have to send the light back? How did you request the RMA, as a defective item or wrong item sent?

He filed a dispute with PayPal, and that's what makes DealExtreme jump.

Mr. Admin I am gonna take a guess that DX does't understand the problem and or the supplier don't understand and they need the light back for "proof" of the problem.

None the less this really stinks for all of use that got this 3 mode light...especially the ones that got an XP-E version!!

If I were you I would hold your ground and force them to make good on the deal!!

I'm not gonna play there games, I have never had to file an RMA but I plan on holding my ground untill I am happy!!!

I'm not hard to get along with or hard to please either but I am really really disappointed in this light. I could have bought the XP-G R5 Ultrafire C3 from Manafont if I had wanted a single mode light! This J109 really sucks but man it is a pretty host!

Ah Ha I see...Thanks Mr. Admin!

Yep, I agree with you on all these points. I really can't complain about the quality of mine, and it is probably the #1 most attractive and practical flashlight design I have. But I'm not going to pay almost $20 for what is effectively a single mode light.

So, I'll keep posting their responses. Maybe you could do the same, if they ever feel like answering your ticket.

CAUTION!!!!!!!!! CAUTION!!!!!!!!!!! DX HAS NOT REFUNDED NOTHING TO YOU!!!!

That is only an automatic email saying that they have refunded money but they havent. They want you to close the dispute, only that.

They will not refund anything until you raise the dispute into CLAIM

And sorry BUT PAYPAL will not do anything in this case. Why? because paypal only offers 100% buyers protection ONLY on ebay purchases. Outside ebay, paypal only protects about not received items. Paypal will not do anything with products which are different from the specifications given.

If you raise your dispute into claim, paypal will close it inmediately saying "we dont protect customers outside ebay, we can not protect you in case of product received different from the anounced, sorry"

Precisely that happend to me last week http://www.forolinternas.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1213

I wanted to try the Paypal method, because it already was day 42 after my purchase. (45 day PP case limit) I will give DX additional 10-15 days to refund me, with an actual PP refund. I my country PP now covers more than Ebay purchases, they even advertise it now. I can also forward the DX mail as proof, that should be enough. Let's see how it goes. DX also mixed up a order on a driver I ordered (sku 26107) and the replacement I received was the wrong driver again (3 mode intead of 5 mode). I was tired of writing 3 DX complaints about wrong modes and the risk was too high that I received the wrong Eastward again. I wouldn't have bought the 3 mode version. (more like 2-mode)

BTW I order a Litexpress WORKX 501 for 15€ .

P.S.: I just received this from DX. Man what a bad joke after the refund mail.

P.P.S.: And 4 minutes later she realised that DX already promised a refund and wrote this.

It's starting to get a bit ridiculous... well, I keep you posted. Let's see how it goes.

You accepted then?

No, since I already got promise of 19.03 $ from DX and she corrected her post 4 minutes after the first. I have enough flashlights in AA form factor. I want a multi-mode AA without strobes. I will be merciless - full refund within 14 days or full Paypal claim.

Fear the wrath of the angry customer DX. ;-)

BTW Sophie looks cute but very young. I really have trouble guessing the the age on Asians.

I would personally settle for the 50% consolation kick in the shins from DX. But this morning I see that they have not graced me with any replies. They probably have me at the bottom of the queue again...

I LOVE mine ....I hate to act like a paid schill for dx ...(considering I'm not getting paid )..But one of the main reasons I got on the forum today was to say ....I love this light ...this ,my tank fetish and an appreciation for solorforce simplicity ,an odd attraction to EDI-T ligthts till they popped the price ..and I'm a happy camper .

hands down ...My favorite light to date

(fix the multiple low modes and it's a great light) it doesn't even need a 14500 option .. did i say i like it ...

somebody should really pay me

MY 2 cents ?? DX sucks

My feelings are similar. I think it is a good light, but if it were the light actually described by DX it would be a far, far better light.

I bought one advertised as an XP-G R5 but expecting to get what I did, an XP-E. It is somewhere on the desk in front of me with the other lights I actually use. Despite the lesser emitter, it is still the brightest 1.5V light I have. I expect heat would be too much for it if it were a 14500 rocket. I own quite a few of those already. And I own a lot more Eneloops than 14500s. The brightness from the R5 version is incredible for an NiMH light (And is still very good when compared to most 14500 lights), pity about the other issues with it - which my XP-E one did not have.

The light actually in my pocket just now is the UF-H3. I may reconsider tossing the clip on that one as it's the first light with a clip that hasn't annoyed me when clipped into the corner of a pocket.

Help! I can't see past post #49. Frown

Maybe Fran can edit his post to see if there are any special characters in his post, which messes with IE?

Best to remove my quote for starters. I altered my post #50 with no effect. Firefox is fine.

DealExtreme just "solved" (AKA "cancelled") my ticket by telling me that I should have filed it as "Wrong item". So I'm back to square one. I think I might do a PayPal dispute on this one.

I still haven't got a responce from DX with my RMA ticket. If I don't get one after christmas I will open a paypal dispute.

If my light would at least change modes predictably I would not be near as disappointed in this light! All I can say is it sure is pretty! It is a very practical design.