ebay: high seller rating in spite of fake products?

As soon as he offered money in exchange to feedback he breached the “extortion” policy I would say report him to ebay for mis represening AND the extortion, it only taks a few and ebay will pull his account.

If you want to hit him where it hurts get his account pulled, THEN he will not misrepresent his products.

That was over a year ago,and I didn't know about that policy.Can I see my messages and feedback older than 1 year on ebay?I can't find that option.

Inspired by this thread

Just found another example - looks like a fake Skyray SR5 to me.

Daft thing is you can get the genuine article for similar money.

A few years ago, an Airbus A320 jetliner along with several CFM56 engines went missing in China. China’s not-yet-certified C919 looks an awful lot like, yup, an A320.

i had the same thing happen to me, item listed in usa, in about a week i get tracking, the item was comming from china. it came 1 month late, i opened up a dispute before that, while the tracking was showing item was still in china, (for like 3 weeks ) once i got the item, i gave the seller negative feedback, and closed the case. he changed his name next day, but my negative feedback followed him on his new account.

It's funny to read about clone of the Skyray, because it's also a cheap copy of the Lumens Factory Seraph SP6 (also available in titanium). Here is a small review about it. It's one of the most beautiful p60 hosts I know.

So it’s a copy of a copy - sheesh, it gets better and better.
Ooooh that SP-6 is shiny! I like it. Not so keen on the price though.
On the other hand this host looks good value if their shipping charges are reasonable.

Copy of a copy of a copy of a clone of a fake is almost standard practice.

most folks cant test those whateverfire batteries and dont have a quality cell as a runtime reference.
same with many other items.no reference,it works,so positive fb and all fives on the stars.
going through this now with some chargers that are significantly not as described.and flat out dangerous.
charges at 4.30 v but takes a week to get there.
seller dug his heels in,offered a $2 refund,ect.
all one can do is let ebay deal with it and neg then ding stars.and describe in feedback what you can in the space allowed.

So some time later, i’ve received some more fake items

TP4056 Charing boards
Fake “Samsung” batteries

For all of them I have asked prior to shipping if they are genuine and they were confirmed. I spent more than reasonable amount on time on this, because I wanted to see “how deep the rabbit hole goes”, on items as cheap as these. After this, NO WAY that I would buy anything valuable on ebay.

for cca 50% of them I got refund. Some did not reply, and some went into circular conversations on purpose to make the buyer give up on his claim. Some Insisted on positive feedback BEFORE they would refund.

Ebay is of NO HELP, they claim it’s buyer’s responsibility to pay return shipping, even though the buyer has essentially been robbed by misleading and lying seller. Ebay support takes ages to get, is usually semi informed, without understanding the case particularities, basically they don’t get involved at all and don’t care.

Paypal is of NO HELP because they also want the buyer to return shipping. Even though you select “counterfeit item”

Bottom line: Use with caution, be prepared to lose money, buy only cheap items, from sellers with very high rating (>99.5 IMO). The ratings are to be taken with caution because as I have experienced, sellers sometimes extort feedback by denying refund unless you change it to positive.

open a case through ebay.
state exactly what the problem is in plain english.no slang,jokes or other bs.
if the seller digs in,offers silly partial refunds,demands you pay shipping for not as described items just escalate.
in the case of the dangerous chargers from lucky*007 ebay gave him a opportunity to send a call tag or pay for the return which he ignored.
after 5 or so days i got an automatic refund.i let it go too long.next time at the first hint of seller playing games its straight to open a case.

I don’t understand the “Ebay is of NO HELP, they claim it’s buyer’s responsibility to pay return shipping”

That has not been the case for me at all. I have gotten full refund plenty of times and never had i been asked to send back the faulty item.