EBay sellers not showing manufacturers name for Li-ion batteries

I just noticed on EBay that some battery seller are not showing or listing the name of the batteries they are selling.
They are posting pictures in their listing that has the manufacturers name facing away from the camera.
It’s obvious they are selling Ultrafire batteries, but I guess the sellers feel if they do not display the manufacturers name (Ultrafire),
then there is a better chance of selling the batteries.
I was only looking at the 18650 batteries, but I’m assuming they are doing it with different models.

Well I’ve just had a bunch of bad experience buying samsung mobile phone batteries and tp4056 charging modules. Out of 10 purchases 9 were fake. For all 10 purchases I asked for authenticity confirmation from the seller prior to purchase.

Eventually learned that ebay.com money back guarantee doesn’t cover return shipping unless you are in the US. So with anything I ebay, expect fake.

Caveat Emptor

Sadly the name is not so important to a lot of buyer’s, it’s the mah that reels them in, if you don’t know any better, a 6000mah whatever for a fraction of the price of a 2900mAh Panasonic/Samsung/LG seems a much better deal

If you go the other way youre just paying for a brand. <<Does this need sarcasm tags?

It’s taking so long for my name brand (Samsung) stuff (18650) to ship to me from Asia, ended up buying Ultrafire’s &Trustfire’s in bulk, from with in the USA.
Ordered Samsung 18650 from Banggood, it’s been 28 days and my order has not even made it to the USA shores.

EDIT: Just found out about the dock worker situation on the west coast, guess my Samsungs are just sitting on a ship anchored off shore.

Very true dw,
sometimes we just need to learn from mistakes.
Hopefully this forum can help some of us avoid mistakes.

When bidding on lights with ‘included’ batteries I generally add $1 to the value of the light for any ‘included’ battery, because it is always a ‘crap-shoot’ .

JFYI….here is an interesting pic of a battery I just received as an ‘included’ item…have I been ripped off?? LOL

The numbers are the tested capacities of the batteries….I test and mark every battery I receive at 1.0 Amp with my iMax B6, even the ones I give away.

Cheers
Dean

Brand might be the operative word here, play around with enough whateverfires, and u may well get branded by bits of exploding whateverfires :open_mouth:

Old thread, but still relevant. Personally, I assume that all batteries on ebay are recycled pulls with shiny wrappers. This keeps my heartbreak level very low.

I assume that all ebay and **Fire batteries are grenades and dispose of them immediately.

I didn’t use to feel this way, but then I became enlightened. After learning what to look for on this forum, I checked some of my Ultrafire batteries. I had only purchased “Protected” batteries from highly rated sellers. 4 out of my 8 “Protected” batteries actually had no protection circuit, and 2 of them were actually small AA sized cells in a 18650 body with sand (Yes, sand) filling the gaps.

After seeing that, I got rid of all of them. I now only use name-brand (Panasonic, Sony, Samsung, Sanyo, LG) cells that are confirmed by others as genuine. Good cells aren’t as expensive as you might think.

I have 5 Panasonic laptop pulls from 18sixfifty that cost about $2 each, the more you buy the cheaper they are.

I have 10 Samsung 20R’s from a tool pack that cost about $3 each

I have 2 Samsung 25R’s that were $6.50 each from Illumn.com

I have 4 protected Samsung 26F from Fasttech that cost about $5.50 each