Ebay Trustfire 3T6 malfunctioning - time for a driver?

My 3T6 3-mode sat in the car unused for over 6 months and now even with fresh (cheapie) 18650’s it will only light for a split second in high and disco modes and it lights up in low mode for a few seconds before it shuts down.

I want to do a DRY driver mod but it is too daunting for this first timer as I have no idea how to mount it into the pill.

But I’m just curious: Has anyone ever had this type of malfunction? Does it need a driver?

Is there a Trustfire sticker on the inside of the body tube at any point? If you remove the pill.reflector, is there a Trustfire sticker on the outside of the unit? If not then it is not real and likely came with a substandard driver, and possibly a unique pill structure. We really can’t help without pictures, but I have put a DRY in my Fakefire 3T6, so I might be able to help. A couple others have done it as well.

Here’s some pics. I’m ready to learn and have soldered before, though years ago. I didn’t see and stickers inside this fakefire.

Sorry for the long wait for my reply but business keeps me busy and tired.
Thanks!

Okay first off, you see the icon of the landscape in the toolbar above the text box? When you click on it to paste the image url, there’s an option [relative width (%)]. Enter in 50 or 75 there, it will make your photos manageable.

as to your light, that looks like a Trustfire pill. I don’t see ‘TF’ on the driver though. What is the driver diameter, and can you pop it out of the pill so we can see the other side?

The latest DRY driver does not fit in this light anymore because of its 32mm diameter. The diameter of the 3T6 is 26mm.

I replaced the driver of my 3T6 . The driver I bougth isn’t the best you could get, but it works.