EBL 18650 review

Thanks for the Battery U. link, definitely lots of info there.

These EBL’S were that newbie sucker buy that I got fooled into. And than came BLF. Bought it on an Amazon flash sale for around $16 for a set of six. Seemed like a pretty good deal with fast shipping. Oh well, should have probably returned them.

They may be OK for low drain devices. Can someone advise about that. Would it be OK to use in the S2+ ?

These EBL’S were that newbie sucker buy that I got fooled into when I started out. And than came BLF. Bought it on an Amazon flash sale for around $16 for a set of six. Seemed like a pretty good deal with fast shipping. Oh well, should have probably returned them.

They may be OK for low drain devices. Can someone advise about that. Would it be OK to use in the S2+ ?

Measured a couple EBL 18650s I have and they were 75 to 85 mOhms. For comparison an old 30Q measured 31mOhms and a new VTC5A measured 19 mOhms.

Ha story of my life. Now I don’t really know what to do with them… I mean I don’t even have button tops anymore. Just got some panasonic 18650BD cells for $1/piece from an ebay mistake auction. Lol.

How do you guys load test and capacity test cells? I’ve got a cc cv buck converter at my disposal…wondering if I can use that to load the cells to something higher than 1 amp that my iMax b6 can handle…with the constant current I could just calculate the time and eventual mah…

Since I posted last I have had 3 of my EBL’s leak fluid. It came out the positive end. I am in the works of replacing all of mine.

I am swapping my 18650’s with Samsung 25r and 30r. Also for button tops I am going with Nitecore’s.
For my 16340’s I’m swapping over to Nitecore protected.

For all my 26650’s I am now using all Keeppowers’s.

I had also contacted EBL and I received no reply about the issue. I learned my lesson on the EBL’s.

Update on the EBL’s I still have in possession.

All of my EBL’s that have sat for a little time, in a flashlight or stored, have all drained on their own without being used. Yep if on was charged, in a month it would be dead without use.

So my go to batteries are Keeppower’s 26650’s, 18650’s, 18350’s, Samsung 18650’s, and Nitecore’s. O and EVVA

Have a good one.

I bought a few of these when I was a new to the 18650 game and I have yet to have an issue with an EBL. They do test to @ 2000 mah and some lights do not produce the output of a good battery. Their customer service seems ok as well. Every time I bought them from Amazon they would sent me a message asking if I was happy with the product. My answer, no matter what anyone says about them is still “Yes, they work great”. Are they my go to batteries for High drain devices, not usually. These batteries cost me $1.60 each. They are worth every penny. If they cost as much as anything else then I wouldn’t have bought them.
Mine have sat for a year and are at 3.90v to 4.0v. Most are @ 4v.

I can’t find any 18650 battery sell in Amazon,then I bought 18650 battery for my flashlight from: Buy EBL 18650 Li-ion Rechargeable Batteries – EBLOfficial. Everything seems to be looking good so far。