EBL Pack of 4 5000mAh 3.7 Volt 26650 Battery

BAK

The more I think about this the more I like it. You may be on to something ‘fdr2164’. :beer:
If these continue to test out as good as the first one you tested, they will be on par with the LiitoKala’s and available right here in the good ole’ USA.
Thank you for the info, looking forward to more updates. :+1:

Seems GearBest has decided not to ship any Lion Batteries to the USA. Just tried to put several different types in my cart, so unless I’m missing something?
They said No battery’s or e-cig products anymore.

So ordered my Liitokala from Banggood no problem, BLF code worked for a small discount. Since GB won’t ship Banggood has the best price I could find on them. 2 for $11.59
Before all of the China sellers start following the law we better start getting them while we can!

I tested 2 more of the EBL 26650 batteries and they were both over 5200 mAh capacity.

Sounds better all the time. :slight_smile:
That is 3 out of 3, if I counted correctly; that tested out above 5200 mAh for you. :+1:

There's been some chit chat with regards to GearBest shipping methods very recently, on this necroed thread: Quickest and most reliable Gearbest shipping method right now: America Line / IB (#36 and on)

With regards to the batteries:

Of course, Mooch hasn't tested yet our star, the LiitoKala 26650-50A/B. What makes this cell so special is that its power delivery/discharge rating is reported to be comparable to those 23As, while delivering actual higher capacity and, on top of that, being the cheapest quality 26650 on the market.

Until now, no 26650 cell rated above 5Ah delivers decent/high power output. The known manufacturer of the 26650-50As (PLB) lists a 5500mAh model in their related portfolio, yet the specs seem to be the same as the 5000mAh model, so my guess is that the “55A” is still under development.

Cheers ^:)

plb is a reseller/pack builder.
bak makes these cells.
i suspect the 55a is just a binsort.
as production gets fine tuned the 55a will be the majority of production.
they are already close.i have one 50a at 5451 @ 1a

would be great if you had a accurate way to measure ir.
i use a dick smith esr.
if these are indeed the same bak cell as the liitokala a us source would be great.
i need to get my hands on one to test.

Just received 2 liitokala 26650 from the slow boat.

One tested just over 5200 mAh on the opus ct100

just like the EBLs

the other one tested at ~5500 mAh on a new opus ct3100

I will test one of the EBLs in the opus ct3100

Looks like my opus ct100 tests the EBL and Liitokala 26650 cells at ~5200 mAh while the ct3100 tests these cells at ~5500mAh

At any rate, the Liitokala and EBL cells seem identical.

Just checking to be sure, are you referring to the OPUS BT - C100 & OPUS BT - C3100?

If so, is your BT - C3100 a V2.2?

I don’t have a “100” but my “3100” V2.2 test just about like yours does. Which is around 300 mAh higher than my LiitoKala Lii-500 does. It sound like the OPUS BT - C100 test about th same as the Lii-500 charger.

Good info on the EBL & LiitoKala cells testing out about the same. Thanks for sharing that. :+1:
Time to order some I guess…… :person_facepalming: … :wink:

Yes the c100 and c3100, both are brand new

the c3100 is version 2.2

You can’t compare two batteries by just looking at capacity alone, the EBL could have a horrible voltage sag under a 5A load while the liitokala happily keeps up, this could result in severe energy difference between the two, but hardly noticeable at low discharge rate like 1A or 2A.

do you have a demanding light that pulls 3-5a?
and a good meter?
if so you could measure tailcap current and make a reasonable comparison.
since the liitokala/bak is becoming the standard to which all others are compared to if the ebl is the same or close they are likely the same cell.

try this.
test ir in the same slot 10 times and take the average.do this with the liitokala and the ebl.
post results.
everyone knows that the ir test is not dependable in these chargers due to many factors.but if the score comes out close by this method it adds to the data we have.

Certainly slick, in the absence of a more rigorous testing method.

Test at least 2 or 3 cells of each if possible. That'd provide a good overall assessment picture. ;-)

You may be in for a sweet surprise, my fellows.

Cheers

all sorts of tricks to getting reasonably good data from subpar tools.
i suspect variable contact resistance in the sliders in the charger is the issue.
if i had one here i would clean/lube the sliders and contacts with deoxit dp5 and test some more.

Any further comments on these EBL cells at the +1 month mark? Particularly how they handle higher current draw applications?

i have 4 on the way.will test.
ebl 26650

first impressions.
these are NOT the same cell as the liitokala.
button is visibly different.
they are right at 26mm too.
these are good for items that the liitokala is too big for.
ir of the ebl i tested is 40mohm.
liitokala is around 20.
so high drain performance is not going to be as good.
think closer to a real kingkong with more capacity.
at 2a ebl is 46xxmah
i am retesting due to my test leads not being the best.home setup is more accurate.
but for $9.02/2 shipped from a usa source not bad!
ebl
further testing underway.