EDC - 18650

I've just come to realization that it's time to add a light to my edc routine. I have several other quality lights that run on 18650's so the light I plan to edc should do just the same.

There are a couple lights that have my attention, one being the Klarus XT2C and the other being Sunwayman V20C. I know there are smaller options but these are the only ones I have been able to find with square threads, nicely built, clickys, and pretty high output.

I wish the Klarus was regulated as it would seal the deal for me, but Im just not sure about the PWM it has. Another contender could be the new Eagletac D25CL2 clicky, but I have not seen a whole lot on them.

Am I overlooking the perfect light? I'm not interested in twistys or the zebralight sc600 as it is a bit out of my price range.

V20C is 97$ at hkequipment and goinggear..the zlt sc600 is 95$..why is it out of your price range lol

The Ultrafire T-50 is $38 and is a SC600 clone.

hmmm...I have a source on the V20C. the sc600 is poo! had one and sent it back. anodizing sucked and was not impressed for a $100 light.

I guess a better usage would have been more than I'm going to pay for it instead of "out of my range"..

My edc till my A8 got here was a solarforce L2P with a optional Stainless steel bezel and ultrafire 3 mode XML drop in with no strobe or sos. Anodizing is tuff much better then the L2's and other cheaper versions total cost around $35 usd shipped. There is a tail standing version too and You can mix and match parts to customize it also.

There is some pic,s of the mill spec anodizing from Foy on this thread if your intrested.

how are you carrying it?

What price range to you want to be in?

Do you need throw or flood?

Long-lasting battery or birghter beam?

I don't he needs a birghter beam those beams suck...........

Thanks, I will check it out.

pocket carry, clip not needed but could be considered a bonus.

<$75

a usable amount of both would be nice

would like to beam to remain as bright as possible throughout the duration of the charge.

Did you have a recommendation?

I never said brighter beams suck, I said the sc600 was poo (in my experience) because for a $100 light it should not arrive "new" with anodizing missing. As well as taking the anodizing off just by gently removing the pocket clip. As far as the brightness it was quite impressive for such a small light.

I like my Solarforce L2T, with a E1320 flashed 5 mode driver, under a cool white XP-G, about $40 bucks. Good twilight mode. I use it mostly on the lower 3 modes.

I rarely use a light more than 10 - 15 minutes at a time, and I recharge probably twice a month whether it needs it or not.

I have a clip but I don't like it most of the time. If I were to take it outdoors, like camping or something I'd use the clip.

I rubbed it with motor oil and washed it with dish washing soap. I like the results, it got darker and feels smoother to the touch.

AFAIK one of the smallest 18650 lights is the Zebralight SC60 (XP-G) and they have it on sale for $69.

Also I tried EDC-ing a 18650 light (Sky Ray G6) but went back to the smaller 16340 light. Now you got me thinking about 18650 EDC again

i have been very happy with the shiningbeam s-mini which i carry in an open top holster on my left hip constantly. (Inron MY803 in right rear pocket.)

i have carried the xp-g at work for a year or so without problem but am trialling the caveman currently as AA batteries are available at work

i prefer the tint of the xp-g as the xm-l seems a bit green to me but i am getting used to it. run times seem acceptable and they take a drop without flinching

S-mini, probably XP-G for a bit of extra throw would be my number 1 recommendation.

Lightweight, dependable, no blinkies. And for $75 you can buy two of them.

Or even better, buy one and then buy a Trustfire Z1 (Cr123 battery) as a backup.

I totally love my ZL SC60. No ano problems either.

Check out the Fenix PD32. I just had mine modded with a Nichia 219. The Fenix has the threads, build quality, and the regulation, that you're looking for.

Matjazz commented on a smaller EDC light, E1320 told me about an Ultrafire 501a host, (from Manafont). The UF-501a is a P60 based light that takes 16350 and I think it takes 18350's, (edited for wrong size), too.

Pretty close to the same brightness, less run-time but able to move to different drop-ins to try other LEDs.

Around $25 including battery and single bay charger, I think it's worth a serious look.

Good Luck!

I brought one of these.

TrustFire R5-A3 3-Mode Memory LED Flashlight

It will be the smallest light i have, i normally use a L2P for a EDC and now an A8 with a 26650 battery as they are close in physical size, so this thing on a AA or 14500 lion will be tiny but put out some good light.