EDC...how much $.. How expensive a light are you willing to edc ?

Since all my EDCs have been modded by me in some way or another, I'll have to go with "priceless" ;)

(But the raw materials usually add up to less than 30€)

If I may assume you drive a car at night??, I would EDC a better light than a $2 keychain light or a glovebox light with dead batteries. God forbid, a night car accident, a breakdown or a flat tire on a dark country road would make a bigger working light worth its weight in gold or at least silver.

For my latest EDC flashlight it's the tank EO7 with three modes. If you guessed the BLF addition you are right. I like it. The previous lights that I used to carry around in my pocket have since bit the dust (an ultrafire c-3 and a uniquefire aa-s1). I'm liking the size and the modes on the Tank. So, I guess that just under $20 is the cost for my general EDC. But, if I'm going out on the town then that's another story. It might be the new EagleTac d25c mini and that raises the ante. For that I paid the princely price of $36.

Yes, on a dark country road, but I live in a city and drive the main loop to work & back (2 miles). If I ever do have a flat (haven’t had one in 20+ years), I will call someone to repair it. Don’t want to risk another stroke or heart attack changing a tire.

That's because there isn't a better light than the nitecore D-10.

Anyone who thinks that 's wrong has never had one .. as close to a perfect light as I've ever seen .

I agree, meanwhile I've tested many other lights (Fenixes, Quark, ITP, Jetbeam) and they were not even close to D10. Now I'm thinking of swapping the emitter to XP-E R4 but current beam profile (XR-E Q5) is soo good that I'm still hesitating.

I too live in the heart of a big city so my need for an edc is limited. The one I have with me at all times is a truly tiny, all metal keychain light, cost £2.50. Not very bright but fine for its uses. In the car I keep two of the green Fenix MC10 clone angle lights from DX @ £7.50 each.

If I ever found the *perfect* edc type light for me I might spend up to £40, maybe £50 if it really was my Holy Grail of torches, in which case I'd buy a couple. A lot of the price paid would be for presumed reliability and I'd have no qualms about taking it anywhere it was needed. Years ago I had a £40 6D Maglite and a rechargeable handheld searchlight type which cost about £55, but they've long since died. Since then my dearest light so far is my first LED torch, a Saintfire K25 @ $32 (ish).

Got a xpg-r-4 4bneutral in one of mine and it's the nicest tint and beam I've seen to date .the original emitters have nice beam patterns too.. the r2 was very nice .. the xpg neutral is just better .

I have an Olight i2 on one keychain and a BlackCat Osram on the other.

I put a 4B tint XPG R4 in my EZAA it's like buttah.

I don't like the XP-G floody beam pattern, XR-E is quite throwy (about 2800klu/1m on 14500). Besides 4B is too warm for me.