EDC Light

Thanks - that really is a beauty! :slight_smile:

Thanks cheap thrills, i have another at home with a cryos head and sportac triple(for now, i say this as i am always swapping p60’s about)

Although quite a heft, they do make good beater lights so thats why one is used in work. Took countless drops over the years, does show scratches all over(work one anyway), but its a tough cookie!

I began EDC’ing a flashlight in 2012, starting with a Fenix E11. Single AA, forward clicky, two modes switched by tightening the head. Max 110 lumens.

I upgraded to a Fenix E12 in 2014. Single AA, reverse clicky, three modes. Max 130 lumens.

I got wise to 18650s in 2015 and have carried a Zebralight SC62w ever since. Max 1100 lumens.

I have two friends who own several 18650-powered lights (including Zebralights) but they both still EDC Fenix E12s.

My Fenixes have become ‘party’ lights with colored filters taped to the lenses. They’re popular with my friends’ kids. :partying_face:

All three of these have been dropped countless times and still work flawlessly. The Fenixes have both been through the laundry a few times. :smiley:

Weklund:

Love that Tutima in post 23!

Regards,
Frank A.

Get the BLF-A6 built by flashlight enthusiast FOR flashlight enthusiasts!
All my AA or 14500 lights have either gone kaput or got lost :frowning:

Too bad there aren’t Nova Tac’s arround for sale!

I have a little No Name $1.20 AUD del. kept beside bed
for night walkies without tripping over the cat. (Moon light)

Have an old (8ish yrs ) SkyRay S-R5. XM-L6.
dodgy rear sw at present.
Trying to get new. (Stuffed a switch)

Normal home carry about is a Ultra Fire. 68 AA cell. Does 95%.

And the normal general carry will be my Convoy S2 . When it arrives.

Same thing here, Ti2 is always in my jeans’ “coin” pocket! For some reason theyre pretty perfect EDCs, even though as you say the modes get a bit fiddly.

They work as a bike light in a pinch, since I always forget my bigger 18650 lights when its dark out!

Did you mod it?

I’m looking for a 4000 or 4500K Nichia E2L, but all I can find are the 4000K XP-G2.