EDC -size 1 x 18650 light wanted. Help!

this too

I thought of two more...

The Convoy M1 takes protected cells and it has a good amount of throw for its size.

Also I have a Roche F6 from Simon.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/26415

It's all flood, and it has a side clicky. Simon's Roche F6's take a protected cell, but some other sellers' don't.

Roche F6. Side switch, Hi Med Low Off no blinkie modes. $22 at FastTech and about the same elsewhere.

Got one Roche and I also remember, that it was too small for protected ones.

Great suggestion though, completely forgot that.

Looks great but I think its too pricey for the use it will be in 8)

About 30% less… http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_35804.html and GB660
Roche F6 hacking

+1

Or… Sunwayman C20C This is my EDC 18650

SC600 L2 :stuck_out_tongue:
Love the darker anodizing on mine.

^ Love my S2+, so tiny and well made.

S20 is the best if you want 18650 EDC. Great switch and ui, very compact, and nice magnet.

I love the look of Roche F12. I like the steel bezel, cooling fins on the head and also that square type knurling. A 3A driver, noctigon and AR lens would make it even better. I’m not sure if it will accept protected battery though.

Convoy S2 .

Zebralight SC62w.

Very pocketable sideswitch light. 930 lumens on high (SC62w), but is as small as many 1xAA size lights. Now in stock at Zebralight.com. Despite being listed as “pre-order” on their site these are actually shipping now from Texas. Takes 2-4 days to ship to continental U.S.

which one do you prefer, the c20c or the s20?
for what reasons? which one is brighter? more flood and throw?

im using the new solarforce L2D with front/side switch. its a p60 size…i think its a bit too big to use with a clip as a edc.
but if he will be holstering it, then thats fine. thats what im doing.

my drop in is a custom mtg2 pill from vinh. about 2000 lumens haha

I have Richard’s S3 little monster in the 5.8 amp version. All flood but a fun little item with 4 output levels including moonlight and no strobe or SOS. No visible PWM. Check Mountain Electronics for more info.

Where is that clip from?

…and can it house a protected NCR18650B?

Another vote here for the Convoy S2. It’ll take protected cells, and the fit and finish is excellent. While it doesn’t have an electronic side switch, it does have the advantage of being able to take almost any driver and led combination you can imagine (with a little bit of know-how), and the total package would cost a fraction of what any ZL would run you.

Olight S20.
The magnet attachment is really great, and it has a nice clip too.

ultrafire 502b has many options; XP-E R5 1-Mode 320?-Lumen $12 from Fasttech?
XP-E for throw, Sweeper friend want one mode for easy use,looking down chimneys in daylight.

Ok,I reread the original post. A bit boring suggestion as a gift?

I can´t compare these, I have C20C but the S20 is “in way”.