Efest 18650 3100mAh Test + Blazar 3100 Test

I took tailcap readings on a C8 and got 2.9 amps with the Eagletac 3100’s. With the IMR’s I get 4.5 amps.

Curious. You can find your cells reviewed on HKJ’s site (in his battery comparator too) and his sample was certainly capable of putting out 5A.

It seems like the protection circuit kicks in too soon on my Eagletac 3100’s. I use them in my flashlights that draw lower amps.

Thanks for the info.

Generated by HKJ’s Battery Comparator

He obviously observed lower than expected performance as well it seems.

I guess I need to get me some Blazars.

MM is measuring Voltage - Measuring voltage is not an issue …

I may need to look at the battery carriers - I did buy some new ones …

Take a look at HKJ:s solution for his discharge tests, that clamp solution seems to work real good for him.

http://lygte-info.dk/info/Batteries2012Info%20UK.html

That looks interesting …

I made up a new heavy duty battery carrier , and the situation remains the same , very slightly lower resistance , maybe 0.03

Variance between charger reported voltage and actual battery voltage remains almost 0.3v at 3A discharge …

So would be nice if some of you guys could check what your getting …

This is interesting , but I just dont have the time , exams next week , and I just did 11 hours of home work yesterday …

Time is precious ATM

But I just may need to set up a way to monitor Battery voltage during discharge so as to terminate at actual battery voltage rather than the voltage reported by the charger …

So after my exams , I may run a whole bunch of 3A discharges …

Ok here is a video …

My charger reads 0.02v high when monitoring resting battery voltage (confirmed with 2 different DMMs ). Taking this into consideration, I lose a total of 0.08v between the battery and the charger during a 3A discharge with the setup I am using (again confirmed with 2 different DMMs ).

Still trying to improve this.

0.08v That looks rather good …

Im going to have to change the way I discharge , and go with what I have in the video , use a MM to keep an eye on battery voltage and terminate on what the MM say’s rather than trusting the Turnigy charger …
My other MM measures to 0.000 if memory serves , so looks like some work ahead of me .

I did a quick test with my Turnigy Accucel 6.
On 1 amp discharge (max on my charger) the Turnigy displayed 3.22V and my DMM displayed 3.45. Surprisingly bad… :frowning:

Thank you …
Would be interesting to see what others are getting ?