(Email is coming with tracking )Discussion Thread.-- 1st BLF Titanium flashlight with tritium.

What’s the question?

Ahh - new photo’s in the OP.

You might want to change the title, & add a date.

Thanks. will do.

30mm? That seems way too thick and heavy. Also, no 18350? This design is totally not what I expected. Don’t think this is for me.

Made 2 samples,one is 30mm, one is 27mm. Still wondering about the battery type.

Maybe we can make it in a A B C. or Kit at different price.

There are always limits, my friend. Reflector is 20mm. plus 1mm thread,

we also need 2.5mm depth slots for the trits.

Uh. Yes. But a continuous 30mm is fat and huge. Unless you have trits the entire length that is really bulky. I find the sinner ti to be fat and it’s 25mm.

Rey, we know there was a lot of work done.

With that said I thought this was going to meet the desires of all the three different size folks?

see thread where that was discussed.

I do see that you said the 15mm extention route was $3 less then making 30/45mm tubes. I think if the shop was pressed the 15mm extention could be had for not much more if it brought in the volume.

Congrats on the new Ali Ex store.

Machine shops will want big $$$$$ if they have nothing to loose. if they price them selves out of the business by charging too much for 15mm extentions then that is their call, but let them decide if they make more money on more volume or less.

I am confident you can explain it to them that they will make more money selling more units.

I know you did your best.

maybe the troubles all come from the trits slots. It requires a thicker body.

The solid tube costs twice with the hollow. and harder to machine.

That's why I suggest one tube only. a more budget plan. Or plan A-B-C.

I'm thinking to change the design a bit, I also don't like the fatty body.

Lose the trits

Where do the trits go anyways? I’m unsure where they fit on this design.

I love trits but there must be a place to put them in a smaller body. I’d be fine with 1- 6 trits.

There’s a lot of little skinny lights out there, even in Ti. I like it like that, more Ti for the money, robust and unique.

Looks pretty awesome even without the “carving” I’m sure Fred would be impressed, looks like you’re pulling it off and I know it can’t be easy.

I’ll buy one, keeping it like you’re doing it. :wink:

(pretty sure Fred made the light you have pictured with the tear drop carvings)

If you move away from those units pictured today, can I buy the prototype? Please? I LIKE it, a lot! :slight_smile:

This is the first thought that came to my mind when I saw it, I like the design but…

How about making the body a bit skinnier and leave the head as is, that way you could feel which way is the business end of the light…

I wouldn’t mind if it was fat enough for an 26650

maybe the first 26650 light!

I cant remember ever seeing a 26650 titanium light.

(it wouldnt be my choice though)

I hope the design is still going to be tweaked. I don’t really want just a bunch of straight lines to look at, even with trits in them. If you could break it up somehow, like with some anti-roll feature or something, that would help. I’m really hoping something can be machined in a way that is unique and creative. I still think a 18500-sized light would be better, but a 26650-sized light would be okay, too. I’m not so much interested in another 18650-sized flashlight. It would have to look REALLY good for me to want one that size, just because there are already so many to choose from in the world. Having said that, I’m really in love with the titanium version of the Olight S30. :heart_eyes:

I’d prefer to stick with the original plan. 18350-500-650

How it is now, I find it pleasant looking, but I too would like it way slimmer. And I do like lights with a slimmer battery tube section and wider head and tail. I also know that there's folks who hate that, so I'm for overal thinner as well, even if it means no trits.

And I actually like the bare style as it is now, without the party decorations, but would like to see extra finning where the pill is...

So the switch goes in from the outside? I see what looks like a retainer around the cap. It will probably look slimmer after more machining is done. How many trits are you thinking? Unless you can get a bulk discount those will add up quickly.

Looks awesome

+1