(Email is coming with tracking )Discussion Thread.-- 1st BLF Titanium flashlight with tritium.

That’s… actually a pretty cool looking light. I’m with you on taking out a couple of those grooves. But, I’m also agreeing with djozz about cutting things deeper (I’d say, not just the grooves, though, but the knurling too). The light looks “flat” and making the cuts deeper will help it look more three dimensional. I don’t know about whether it will help the heat path or not, maybe someone else knows. I’d rather keep the outside the same and make the cuts deeper instead of making the outside diameter smaller. I’d also be glad to see the head a few mm shorter and the body that same amount longer (overall length the same as it is now). I don’t mind it being a tube light, though. I don’t need the head diameter to be larger than the body diameter. Thanks for doing this light for us!

The best path to remove heat is by conduction. Radiating the heat into the air is very poor. The more contact your flesh has with the light, the more heat can be pulled away by heating your blood. Disbelievers, do a little test, turn on one of your powerful lights and hold it in your hand and measure the light output at its most uncomfortably hot state, now with fresh batteries and the light back at its neutral temperature, turn it on again and tail stand it. Measure its light output right before it burns out the LED. The only difference was when your flesh channeled the heat from the light to the rest of your body. Want to get more heat out of your light, get your hand wet before you hold the light.
So while fins and rings look spiffy, they are an impediment to removing the heat by creating an insulating air gap between you and your torch.

Any more updates on the body?

Designing a light for hand cooling assumes holding the flashlight in your hand at all times. The best design for hand cooling s building the light very thin with light knurling (EagleTac style), very far from what it is now. I still like that best btw :-)

I don't think so. I'd prefer to consider this corn as the last one.

Yes!! I love trits!

Are we going to be able to buy the trits through you when we buy the host or do we need to source these ourselves?

I can provide that. 6.5$/pc. 3 colors as showed in the pics.

Blue,yellow,green

Are you able to get white? I was hoping to put blue and white trits in mine

Oh. You will be making it 25mm right? Any pix with the extension or the button?

white? never heard of that.

Looks good. Any updates on clip or the extension for 18650?

extension is easy to have. We're waiting for the 25mm tube, and will make a final sample,with everything.

The clip,still working on it. The 2-3 months after Chinese new year,factories are always very busy.

The CNC shop boss is my good friend,so he could spare some time for me on sampling.

Since we don't have a big amount of clips,we have to queue up.

Okay. Ready to buy but need to see the clip. Want at least 5 clips (pending design).

Wow. Looking awesome! That switch is beautiful too.

Courtesy of CPF…

Any more news? 25mm? Clip? The white trits look pretty cool. I’ve never tried them and am interested in seeing these… Your blue is ice blue right?

yes, ice blue.

I'm sorry, but I'm not so optimistic about the clip,due to the order quantity.