Emisar D1 / D1S review

You got me wrong. This is the wrong translator
When did I scream at you?

Because the Butler Creek Blizzard scope cover gives you the BEST of BOTH worlds. It adds very little girth to the D1 and weighs hardly anything. With the lens closed, you have a very nice area light. With the flick of a thumb you still have the thrower the D1 was designed for.

Boaz here sells the good diffusing film for cheap. Just cut out a circle of the film, (I used a U.S. quarter as a pattern), stick it to the inside of the flip off lens and you’re in business. Simple and fairly inexpensive and I love the setup.

Thanks for the recommendation. Can I give an address or a link to which I can contact him?

Hi valera,
Go to the Budget Flashlights Buy/Sell category and then to the Want To Sell sub forum. Boaz’ diffusion film sale is near the bottom of the first page.

Get his regular stick on diffusion film. It goes on easily and is removed easily in case you need to reposition.

Thanks for the answer. This is here DC-Fix Diffusion Film Sale
Where can I see the photo, to understand how to do it?
P.S “Because the Butler Creek Blizzard scope cover gives you the BEST of BOTH worlds. It adds very little girth to the D1 and weighs hardly anything….“

What are the options for attaching the film to the flashlight Emisar D1?

See here, posts #200, #201, and #203. DC-Fix Diffusion Film Sale - #200 by Terry_Oregon
DC-Fix is a 1 side sticker. First, you measure and cut the diameter you want (according to the lens) and then you take the transparent sticker (DC-Fix) out of the “paper sheet” that protects it! And then you glue it above your lens!

EDIT: And post #209

In many cases, it works well to cut the DC-Fix slightly larger than the lens, remove its backing layer, put it on the lens, then use a knife against the glass to cut around the edges. This gives a perfect fit, assuming you want to cover the entire lens and don’t plan to remove it.

You can reduce the temperature of heating the “head” of the flashlight when working at a maximum. Are all the flashlights Emissary D1 very warm?

Probably a bit late, but you can set the temperature limit to a lower value so the light will reduce output earlier. Or you go on turbo mode and ramp down just a bit. The lumen output won’t be reduced much, but the current draw will drop a lot.
Emisar D1 actually have a reasonable heat generation, so there’s not really much to worry about. The D4 is a different story.

Has anyone tested Nitecore 34mm filters with D1 by any chance? I do want to get white/diffusing one, I’m just worried that head might not get deep enough to fit well.
I think this diffuser is roughly 2cm deep. Could anyone tell me how deep D1 bezel is?

What is MCPCB size of D1?

@shirnask thank you very much! I might get it although fit is not gonna be anywhere close to perfection…

20mm

Thanks!

D1 emisar driver MCU is attiny25 or 85?

All Emisar drivers (so far) use the ATtiny85.

I just recieved my Emisar D1s (this is my fifth Emisar light) and it looks like crap. First off, the different body parts colors don’t match at all. It has marks all over the anodization, I don’t know yet if they can be wiped off. There’s dirt on the glass, there’s dirt on the reflector. Took the reflector out, it has multiple scratches on the outside… what the heck is going on?
This looks like it has been used for weeks. Anyone experienced this yet?

Return it as unacceptable.

I mean shipping would cost more than the whole light. I let this one slide. It’s just a pretty unsatisfying experience which I’m not used to with intl-oudoor.