Emisar D3AA is available now

Regardless of the knurling, it would be nice if the different body tubes for the larger models were compatible. The ability to mix and match would open up interesting possibilities such as:

• 26800 K1
  • 21700 D4S with USB charging
  • 26650 DM11 with magnet

Although my DM11 is still in the mail, I will say I haven’t grown to like the similar knurling on my Acebeam TK16 in a couple years of owning it.

Sounds like some people need to back off on the hand moisturizer :laughing: but I’ll reserve my judgement for when my DM11 arrives any day now … :student:

Thank you. Do you a have any plans for any additional host colors such as orange?

I will say that the D4 or D4s knurling is the best of any lights that I have. I love the powdery feel. I often find myself running my thumbs over it and playing with it.

I also find myself doing that from time to time.

exactly.

Im not convinced i will dislike the knurling on my dm11 when it comes in, i actually really like the way it looks. So i am a little biased here.

The 2 cents i have is- the reason i could see Hank NOT making the dm11's battery tube compatibly sized between the d4sv2, k1, and dm11, etc is that he could end up with many orders for say, the dm11, where people were requesting the d4sv2 tube instead. Many people may think, well whats the big deal?

Any of us who have managed (never mind owned) a business, it is a nightmare to try and estimate how much inventory you should carry for such "random" requests as "i will buy this light but want this other model's battery tube". Im not saying i disagree with people wanting that, I'm just saying Hank already fulfills many oddball and unique requests from many of us, and he does it VERY well. And i know the customer comes first. But at a certain point managing his own inventory Could become a Nightmare (he could end up in a situation where he has 20, 50, or God knows how many) extra d4sv2 heads/tail caps because the battery tubes were ordered with Dm11's, or K1, etc. and it becomes a rat race of trying to stay on top of the inventory of these specific parts, ON TOP of all of the other parts he needs to track inventory on (i.e. drivers, emitters, retaining rings, bezels, etc, etc,etc).

I dont know if that makes sense, but when i was running a business similar things would happen when fulfilling customer "special" requests where it got to the point where i had to stop fulfilling some of the requests. I could imagine Hank already has unique inventory problems like running low on brass raised retaining rings for the D4v2, or brass D4v2 heads, because of the popularity of these items to mix and match with other D4v2 finishes.

Now, a solution to this, could be to create a New, Unique battery tube that is separate of all models but fits on all models. But the threading/diamter is already different on the dm11, d4sv2, and K1 of course.

But, its not like Hank has not changed thread counts/pitch and diameters before with model upgrades and variations (the D4 line as a whole is a good example of this). So maybe down the road somewhere it could be a possibility. you know, in his spare time between designing, prototyping, testing, and then building 2+ brand new product lines a year LOL. Hank must be full of free time :))

Well said, it’s very easy for us just to use the same D4V2 knurling without any thinking. The deep, aggresive knurling on DM11 is actually much more expensive to be made. In my opinion, most of the knurling style does not provide any good grip, and I wish to provide some unique.

I appreciate both contributions, sorry to keep bringing it up, but will there be any new host additional colors?

You can always send us an email to ask for the blue switch back light.

[quote=ch1ir]

Maybe there will be other color options for the next batch, but not sure when.

DT8 tint ramping and instant channel switching version is available now.
The E21A version is zigzag style, and the non-E21A version is left+right style, you can even
use different optics for non-E21A version.

[quote=Hank Wang]

DT8 tint ramping and instant channel switching version is available now.
The E21A version is zigzag style, and the non-E21A version is left+right style, you can even
use different optics for non-E21A version.

[quote=Hank Wang]

Wow! Looks Amazing Hank!
Any plans on offering a tube with USB charging for this one as well? :smiley:

That DT8 is what I have been hoping for.
Looks great.

Hank, what is the driver configuration for DT8 with 2 channels and non-nichia emitters? Is it 9A per channel only, like D4V2, KR4, and D4SV2? Or is it 9A+FET for each channel for higher output?

For the non-E21A version, it’s 9A per channel, non FET.

Hank you should consider a DT8 style headlamp if it is possible.

I want to buy a noctigon DM 11 but I hesitate on the emiter between :

- XP-L HI U4 8A 2850K

- SST 20 2700K

• B35AM 2700K

I already have the XP-L HI U4 8A in my DT 8: it’s not high cri but I love it :smiley:
It’s powerfull and it the most rosy emitter I have.
Definitely one of my favorite emiter (and flashlight !).

I also have the SST 20 in my D18 received 2 months ago and Hank’s last bin is much better than my others from Convoy and Sofirn.
Very decent in term of rosiness but less that the XP-L HI U4 8A.

I hesitate for the new one, the B35AM 2700K.
What should I expect from ?
Is it rosier than the SST 20 or not ?

the xhp35 HI 2700k emitters that kaidoman sells are Really Nice! They are more like xpl-hi 2850k rosiness the sst20 2700k