Emisar D3AA is available now

Geeezs, ann i am here thinking : Thank God no more 26xxx format flashlights.

26xxx i was using in Maglite Hotwire builds and never more LOOOOL

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I would suggest working on a clip for DM11. Perfect model but not having a proper clip is what makes leaving it more often in the drawer and reaching out for other models. these sizes are not pocketable and not all likes pouches...

Just saying.

BTW I LOVE KNURLING ON DM11!!!!!!!1

Beautiful! Exactly what I was hoping the k9.3 would be.

Please offer it with an efficient buck or boost driver :slight_smile:

Now we are thinking alike :smiley: :+1:
I have a D18vn with 18x W1ā€™s that does about 10.000L and somewhere around 170-180k throw so I get wanting W1ā€™s - I would like them to be a little warmer though to cut through dust so I put some very light pink filter (bought on BLF) that removes the harsh blue and I like the tint better now.

Why did you make your own thread with no new information after someone already posted about the DM1.12 on r/flashlight?

Hmmm, wonder if thereā€™s throwy optics available for the outer circle, and then like a 0.5 degree on the center. Forget about the flood plus throw, this could be a throw plus THROW! :smiley:

But, to be realistic. w1 maxes out at around 4,5 amps, x12 that is over 50 amps, x 4,2 V ā€”> 200W +. I donā€™t think those fins are enough to keep it cool for longā€¦ Maybe make it really water tight and just keep it in a transparent bag of water? Could work for a while? :wink: And then, even the P42 would scream if we let the light pull as much as it could. We need technological development in efficiency!

O.M.G.!

Please tell me thereā€™s a hidden USB charging port and it uses a switch mode driver.

This

[quote=Lixivium]

Great question! Just to save people some clicks. The first guy just posted a link to BLF and didnā€™t include the photos Hank posted here.

Do you plan to use this anodization on the DM11?

Would it be correct to assume that you havenā€™t used a QB 26800 cell yet, Lixivium? Those of us that tried them out with the Astrolux tubes and Convoy adapters have been pretty impressed with the cells. I think itā€™s well worth supporting. Yes, the charger situation is limited right now (diy adapter, unit hacks on bay chargers, or magnetic universals (slow) but I have hope that Xtar may follow through with one soon as they seemed sincere about asking for input recently. Onboard charging works well with lights that have it. Personally Iā€™d hate the type of charging ports that TG mentioned, but thatā€™s another potential. I canā€™t speak for the couple of blue and green wrapped cells Iā€™ve seen but the Queen Battery gold isā€¦well, itā€™s golden. Very nice cells that have great current delivery and great capacity - very pleasant improvement over the better quality 26650 cells. In the US we have a couple suppliers, one of them seems to do well keeping them in stock and has a great price on them. Seems scarce in other places and trying to buy directly from them on aliexpress is too expensive with their higher MOQ. With more lights being introduced that accept or can adapt to the longer cell, maybe weā€™ll see some distributors and retailers start to stock the QB cells in more places. My only concern is whether the cells will continue to be produced in the long term future, and whether QB will keep the same quality and consistency with themā€¦but theyā€™re great enough right now that it seemed worth the small investment to give them a shot, and Iā€™m glad I did, as are others.

I think 26800 support is still quite a gamble. We know of one good model from an unknown manufacturer. We have no idea if any major manufacturer will support the form factor and if Queen Battery (the reseller) will continue to order more. In comparison, 26650 have several decent OEMs and 18650/21700 have well over a dozen.

26800 batteries have 75% more volume than 21700s and the 6800 capacity is actually nothing exceptional for the volume.

I thought Queen Battery was the manufacturer. If not, the cell name is a little misleading.

For what itā€™s worth, all three of mine have actually measured in the 7200-7400mah range. Mooch got similar results.

The ergonomics are even more important than the capacity for me. That extra 15mm length over a 26650, and the extra 5mm diameter and 10mm length over a 21700 make a big difference in-hand.

What integrated charging solution would you prefer to see implimented?

Indeed! Aloft Hobbies got them back in stock two days ago for $5.75 each. They promptly sold out in about 8 hours and by that time the price had risen to $8 each. Clearly there is substantial demand for these. I hope some of the bigger li-ion stores like Illumn, 18650batterystore, Li-ion Wholesale, and IMRBatteries will take notice of this and start stocking these awesome cells.

Aesthetically beautiful, I look forward to knowing what LED options will be available.

Happy New Year Hank!

Personally Iā€™d love to see a side by side 2x 21700 format over a 26800, I remember handling the old 2x 18650 Fenix TK35 and loving how it felt in the hand

26800 might as well be proprietary for me, with just a handful of lights with 26800 tubes and one main manufacturer of the battery with uncertain availability in the future (as opposed to 18650 or 21700 from the major manufacturers)

Adding K1 style charging and a tailcap magnet would probably get you the extra 10mm length youā€™re looking for. I imagine machining costs would be higher than a cylindrical tube though.

Looks amazing, especially in white! I agree this is what the K9.3 should have been, this looks like an excellent multi-use design.

Hank do you plan to add a lanyard hole to that tailcap design?

:smiley: I have tried to order all my D4V2 without the hole, to no avail! Haha! Canā€™t make everybody perfectly pleased I guess.

Are you sure itā€™s not because you like to reference your posts and their ā€˜engagement metricsā€™ as reasons why companies should send you free lights to review? Canā€™t let some nobody sop up all your rightful engagement.

Iā€™m another vote for 26800. I just want this light to be as well balanced in the hand as the d4sv2. My k9.3 is forward heavy. USB charging is important, the k1/k9.3 implementation is perfect. It would be great if multiple tube types were available for the model so that multiple customer groups could get what they want.

Plus one for this!