Emisar D3AA is available now

Hi Hank, do you have an ETA on the 6000K W1 or 6500K XPL HI emitters for the KR4?

He no longer carries XPL-HI above 4000K. W1 white is not available on the standard FET driven single-channel KR4 because the emitters will burn themselves out under FET drive. If you want to pair them with a single channel boost driver, Iā€™m sure Hank will oblige if you email him.

I think if you request the cooler XPL-HI emitters you can get some. Hank doesnā€™t advertise them because he thinks the newer ones have a worse tint and considers them undesirable. The 6500k emitters are still select-able on the standard KR1 listing. Maybe his reasoning was that the tint would matter less on a thrower. At any rate, if will34 is more worried about output than tint then he may be in luck.

Yeah I was looking to pair them with the new boost driver, at 2A each they are close to the sweet spot for efficiency while mantaining decent throw.

So if Hank extended the body by 3-6mm we would get an almost perfect flashlight and get rid of the choice of different drivers?
Sounds like a fairy tale.
Enough for a new d4v3

26800 tube for DT8 would be nice :+1:

Wow! Very excited about the right angle light. Flood optic, 2700-4500 K dual channel (519, e21?), lit switch. Iā€™m 100% in.

I dont see the option anywhere, on any listing, to choose a driver.
I sort of assumed you get whatever driver you get based on your LED choice?

Looking at the listing for the KR4, I see that you can choose the W1 Amber.
But again, theres no mention of driver choice.
Again making me thank you just get whatever driver best suits your LED choice?

Just another mention of ā€œDriver Choicesā€.

What am I missing?

Make sure you are on the link I provide. Itā€™s just above the ā€œAdd Cartā€ button on my phone.

The driver options are picked automatically depending on your LED choice, except for the boost driver upgrade which is available on the product pages of single channel D4SV2 & KR4. If you want another driver option, you can always email Hank to request it, but generally he already includes the best driver.

@tactical_grizzly, I think what sergx meant is for the boost driver to become a standard for all lights :stuck_out_tongue:

Since that would decrease the number of options and decreases prices through bulk discounts, that wouldnā€™t actually make lights that much more expensive in general.

Iā€™m more of the opinion to use a high current buck+FET driver, so that Emisar lights keep excellent regulation and eye searing turbo brightness :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, no, I am aware of the new Boost driver option.
But before that was even an option, I had already been reading for a while here and there about the different drivers people prefer for one reason or another, and getting pretty confused about it all.

Okay, so thats basically what I assumed.
I dont know much about drivers yet. Im trying to learn and understand as much as I can.
I have a good idea what LEDs should provide the type of beam profile/quality im after.
But dont know how my choices would impact the driver or over all performance of an emisar/noctigon.
And I really dont know much of anything to do with electricty unfortunately.
I just want an idiot proof Emisar lol. I dont think they exist.

ā€œI just want an idiot proof Emisar lol. I dont think they exist.ā€

Iā€™m in the same boat. I wish there was a simple description of the beam that the various emitters give off, but there are just too many other variables that go into the mix other than color temp.

I mean, it can exist, but then people would start complaining about a lack of choices.

Personally, I think this could be solved if Luminus actually made a white LED version of the SFT-20.

This would make many of the LED options obsolete in my opinion, and would drastically cut down on choices.

That way, you could remove the XP-L HI choices, the 219B choices(since an SFT-20 4000k would have similar properties to it), and would potentially even allow the removal of the E21A choices outside of the 2000k model.

Imaginary emitters aside, I have to agree with the others.

It doesnā€™t have all of them, but this website has a ton of beamshots from different flashlights with different emitters.

Did you ever inquire with them? Canā€™t remember which thread but I mentioned that a white version is listed in their catalog/site (stage lighting applications, IIRC)ā€¦but itā€™s not listed in the usual places/datasheets. I didnā€™t contact them but I could. Definitely would be nice to see that available. I donā€™t know what to make of the mention/absence on their site but thatā€™s not uncommon with these manufacturers.

Thanks for this link!!!

@Correllux, I never actually didā€¦

Still, if a white 4000k 95CRI SST-20 did exist, that would be so awesome.

Can a DM11/K1 12V XHP35-HI boost driver be used to drive a GT-FC40? I think I heard somewhere that XHP35-HI and GT-FC40 have different enough voltage ranges that they require different drivers. Is that true? Iā€™m thinking about buying one of those drivers to put in another host with a GT-FC40.

Does anyone have a photo of the hidden side of one of those drivers that they can post? It would be helpful to see what kind of clearances Iā€™d need to work with.

@tactical_grizzly, the trick here is not that voltages are different.

Itā€™s that driving currents are different enough that driving the GT-FC40 with the same sane current would be considerably overdriving the XHP35.