Emisar D3AA is available now

SFT40 for throw and GT FC40 for neutral EDC. Special thanks to Artie for the advice!

I have D1 with 519 sm273 DD, KR1 withFC40 5500k (the best beam iā€™ve seen in flashlights for years) so i went with B35 5700k in this one.
Donā€™t like throwers nor flooders so i hope it will ve close to FC40 or at least not that pencil beam like 519

I like throwersā€¦.519 makes like a pencil beam?! Have you posted any beam shots of that? Iā€™d love to see itā€¦

@Lumen9000 Please avoid this thread from now on.

@Everyone else Please do not engage in discussions with users that break the rules and don't quote them. Please do use the Report button on such posts.

BLF Rules:

BY REGISTERING AN ACCOUNT YOU ALREADY AGREED TO ABIDE BY THESE RULES:

1. Please don't be rude. Rude people will have their accounts deleted.
  2. Please don't use dirty language, please don't swear, and please avoid lewd(link is external) or risquƩ(link is external) conversations.
  3. Please avoid controversial or divisive subjects such as religion and politics.
  4. Please avoid fighting. If you or somebody else is losing their calm, please drop the subject.
  5. Please don't even think about spamming this forum. Spammers will be prosecuted.
  6. Please don't even think about using this forum for illegal or dishonest activities. Criminals will be prosecuted.
  7. By registering an account, you agree to the BudgetLightForum.com Privacy Policy.
  8. All opinions expressed by users of this website may or may not be accurate, and as such BudgetLightForum.com does not officially endorse them. BudgetLightForum.com does not encourage risky behavior, and will not be responsible for physical, emotional, financial or other damages resulting from the use or misuse of any information or misinformation expressed herein. All users are encouraged to use good judgement before making any physical, financial or other decisions based on the information or misinformation expressed on BudgetLightForum.com.
  9. Have fun.

I am leaning towards the 519a 5700k dedome or the B35am 5000k.

Thatā€™s my weak spot, not taking photos of anything. Maybe beacuse of my job it got me stuck in that mode but anyhow iā€™ll make a few when i get home in a week

I appreciate that! Donā€™t worry too much if you donā€™t get timeā€¦. I know what thatā€™s like.

The more I think about it the more it makes sense that this wouldnā€™t be something Iā€™m looking for. It is a pencil beamā€¦.but not throwing very far?

Well, it's not like W1 but still, you'll have tight hotspot reaching far (especially DD).

Since I'm old school and not using all these kinds of gadgets that folks use today (i do have Opple but just for CRI rough confirmation) and i rely on my standard reference points: seeing at least an aircraft vertical stabilizer on a small airliner or half of it on tankers from the ground. So that should be 30-40ft.

If it's tighter than that then it's pointless for my needs and the 519 in D1/KR1 i have is getting there for sure.

Maybe i'll change my mind when i get 519 sm653 R8000 and dedome it since present offering is too warm (bellow pure white) for me

Looking to update to the latest version of Anduril 2. Which hex files do I need for a DW4 E21A and a D4V2 E21A?

I tried the version check but either I canā€™t count, or the output isnā€™t what Iā€™m expecting.

Hi,

Do any of the emitter options of the new Emisar D1 come with a boost driver?

Also is it possible to buy an orange peel reflector for D1?

the latest dated version of noctigon-kr4-nofet.hex for both of them

@Engod, the B35AM and FC40 use the boost driver.

B35AM and FC40 are boost drivers and they come with OP reflector.

Hank, do you have any update on the 14500 flashlight?

I second this

I vote we call it D4teen500 until we know itā€™s official name

Somebody on Reddit dubbed it the hAAnklight. I already crowned him the winner

Yep. Thatā€™s better.

I would like to say, I do not have the right to be handing out these awards, but tac griz, you are crowned the most pivotal blf/reddit contributor! Your content is rarely matched and highly recommended

Thank you so much! I appreciate the kind words.