Emisar D3AA is available now

This is indeed 100% accurate as he confirmed it directly with me as well.

I clicked the intl-outdoor link thatā€™s in post #1, and got a ā€˜threat securedā€™ warning from AVG. Anyone else get this sort of notice? Wondering if theyā€™ve been hackedā€¦

I canā€™t even enter the site using Chrome on my PC. I can only get to it on my phone. Weird.

Itā€™s a false positive, there was a thread about it, and it was suppose to get resolved, but guess it got added back

Iā€™ve been digging into that warning and writing something up. The main issue thatā€™s being raised is that it sees something in base64 and throws a red flag.

D4 V2:

• Side switch.
  • Clip-on clip available.
  • Regulated up to 0.35A (~140 lm) w/ PWM (16 kHz).
  • Direct drive w/ PWM from ~140 to ~4000 lm.
  • Sustainable brightness at 45 C with fan cooling is ~600 lm.
  • Slightly smaller/lighter than KR4.

KR4:

• Tail switch.
  • Ring-in clip and lanyard attachment ring included.
  • Regulated up to 5A (~1750 lm) with constant current.
  • Direct drive w/ PWM from ~1750 to ~4000 lm.
  • Sustainable brightness at 45 C with fan cooling is ~1000 lm.
  • Slightly larger/heavier than D4.
  • Has a slot in the tail for a tritium vial. (edit: available by request)
  • Future versions may be produced without the direct drive FET, to make it safe for LEDs like the E21A. (and with 5A of regulated power, it really doesnā€™t need a FET)

The biggest practical difference is side switch vs tail switch. However, the KR4 also has a significantly improved driver, and the clip canā€™t be pulled off by accident.

I think it must be the 70 CRI 5000K version. Itā€™s making way too much light to be the 4000K version.

Also, I did some additional color testing and it behaves more like the 5000K one should. In particular, it doesnā€™t make red shades as vibrant, but it has significantly better color rendering for blue and purple. I think it probably just has enough green in the beam that itā€™s difficult to accurately gauge the color temperature. It looks nothing at all like other 5000K LEDs Iā€™ve tried, but looks fairly similar to 4000K LEDsā€¦ at least, until I add a minus-green filter. Then it starts to look like a cooler shade.

Interestingā€¦I have a MF01 mini in sst20 5000k guise and it is unbelievably pale green with a touch of blue spill. I added a 1/2 minus green filter and it helped with tint tremendously but color rendering, specifically reds/oranges, is definitely not its strong suit. I have no idea what bin I received but I almost gave it away because of how green it was from 0-70%.

The latest photos on Hankā€™s website donā€™t show a slot, so maybe he removed it for the final version.

Actually we have both versions, if you need the version with the slot hole, just send us a request, we will send it accordingly.

Itā€™s like different software has different standard, the site is actually auto-checking every 12 hours to make sure there is no virus.

Hank,

Iā€™ve been looking into it and wrote up a bit about it - the primary issue is that thereā€™s base64 encoding in the html (and in a bunch of js files).

ZWNrb3V0 decodes to eckout, so checkout URLs - but that bWVpZGlhcGx1cy5jb20vanMuanM decodes to meidiaplus.com/js.js. Could be just part of the cart and checkout system, but thatā€™s whatā€™s being triggered.

Thanks for the information, will look into it.

Iā€™m afraid it can not be reversed.

Canā€™t connect securely to this page
This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the websiteā€™s owner.
Try this:

and when this websites pop up is on the forum (advert)

my anti virus goes mental

A few posts above Iā€™ve explained why it has a problem. Hankā€™s looking into it.

SST-20 ordered. As long as it measures up as I expect, will order E21A also when it becomes available.

I was able to get a trit cap and blue trit added before it shipped.

Cyan with blue tritā€¦.

Cool, what colour trits are available and for how much?

Interesting, why not Cyan body with Cyan trit?