Emisar D3AA is available now

I got mine today. Has anyone else noticed that moonlight is slower to respond than other Anduril lights? I suspect it’s the new driver, but it’s definitely different when you press and hold to start at moonlight.

Please try to do a factory reset. Yes, KR4 driver is different from the other 7135 based drivers.

Already did factory reset. Both my KR4’s do it. Is it not normal?

Also, Hank, please see the email I sent you earlier. Thanks.

Mike

Do you mean physically slower to turn on? I hadn’t noticed but then I have not compared it to other lights.

For reference, I use stepped mode, and I use it around the house at night a lot. Instead of instantly turning on at the lowest level, it’s like it ramps up to it. This is only when pressing and holding to start at moonlight, though. It takes just long enough that if I wait to see that moonlight mode is on, when I release the button it bumps to the next level.

Hmm, I just timed mine against a D4V2 while both in stepped mode and they both have the same timing. It takes just at 1 second to turn on into moonlight, it does take less than two seconds from off to step into the next mode higher then moonlight.

Here’s a quick and very poor video:

The first two clicks are normal clicks, and it turns on instantly. That’s at the second stepped level. The next two are press and hold for moonlight. It ramps up instead of instant on. It does it if the memorized level is moonlight and you single click to turn on also.

Thanks for your help.

Edit: It’s probably important that my stepped floor is level 1.

I just tried mine against my D4V2 and FW3A…they’re all pretty much the same. Note that the moonlight on the KR4 is actually barely dimmer than lowest ramp. Others have noted this…the moonlight on the KR4 is still pretty bright? But I think ToyKeeper can chime in on this perhaps.

Wow, that is crazy. I now see what you mean.

Is yours the same when the floor is set to level 1?

Yes, I can confirm that it is.

Edit: I did not even know it would go this low. I had been reading that the lowest moonlight was significantly higher than the D4V2, but that isn’t true when you set your ramp.

Thank you both for the explanations! I like the clip better than I expected to, but I would like to experiment with options for a deep-carry version.

Mine is like too. I startled me at first, but doesn’t seem to make any real difference.

Confirmed.

When I got mine, one of the first things I noticed was that moonlight wasn’t nearly as low as on my D4, D4v2 and FW3A.

However, I just tried reconfiguring the ramp to minimum and now it’s much lower… about the same as those other lights.

Either I accidentally set the minimum ramp at some point before checking moonlight or the version of Anduril installed comes preset at slightly higher than minimum moonlight.

The KR4 is with higher moonmode preset.

Watch from 30 seconds.

I have tried setting the ramp but it makes no difference. Is there a guide on how to do it? Just in case I am doing it wrong :slight_smile:

Its good to know that there IS a moonlight.

As you were, I was doing something wrong :slight_smile:

KR4 constant current can be as high as 5A, and the moon mode can be very low, about 0.35lm to the lowest.

However, if you set the moon mode to the lowest (1/150), you may have two problems, one is that there is a delay
when you try to on the moon mode, the second is that the moon mode may not able to be powered up. This is the user’s risk,
that is why we set the default moon mode higher (3/150).

To me that is an acceptable trade off.