Emisar D4S review

What sort of runtime is expected from a 26350?

What’s the best 26350 cell ?

All the ones I’ve found are about 2000 mah & they’re the Chinese rubbishy ones.

Any good makes out there?

Edit.

Just realised that nobody knoooows , nobody’s got one because its only just been announced.ha 

Edit again 

questions 2, & 3 are still valid though

:slight_smile:

I see that they are now available on your site, but only as an add-on to a new light. I’d like to get a green one for the three D4S lights that I already have. Is there a way for me to order just the 26350 tube?

Thank you!

Some time back there were 2000mAh lavender 26350’s available that perform pretty well. One of these should probably run the D4S in the 3000 lumen ball park with XP-L HI’s, maybe a bit more. Run time will be much less than it’s larger capacity big brother of course but they still do a pretty decent job. I’ve used the one’s I have to run some fairly ridiculous lights and they’ve shown they’re up to it…

Thanks , :+1: we can close this thread now :slight_smile: , he he.

Edit,I posted that with love, that’s what I needed to know, and that was what I was thinking

When D4Sv2? :cry:

Hank is being mighty quiet about it, isn’t he?

Actually, in my opinion the larger capacity battery is well down the list of advantages. Here are my top three:

1. FET+3 driver instead of FET+1
  2. 420m throw vs 280m throw
  3. Greater thermal mass for longer turbo before stepdown

I went to order a light for a friend tonight and saw the cyan is available!!! Now I’ve got one on the way to match my favourite D4 edc!!!

:sunglasses:

I would like the 21700 option, with the battery tube made that 5mm smaller in diameter while the head remains the same… this to give some form to the flashlight and get away from the “tube” style it almost is at present. This helps to locate the grip in the dark and facilitates grip as well. I know it would sacrifice the larger capacity potential of 26650’s, but there are 21700 options that are close while other options give more power by a considerable margin.

Form following function for a nicer aesthetic and overall feel in hand.

More power than the 26650? What options are you contemplating?
Good idea for form and proportion.

Brightnorm

I like that it uses a 26650’s , & I think the D4s is perfect as is , it a shame when things get changed for no good reason & makes it not as good as it was. YMDWV.

I agree. 26650 fits in my hand just fine and I do have a 21700 light too. People have a hard time accepting a thing for not being perfect to them, as if there desire represents all of perfection. The same goes for the 26350 tube, yes it’s inferior; so just don’t buy it rather than debating its usefulness or lack of virtue. Rant over.

I agree, but I actually was debating weather 26350 cells were useful or not,
I’m not a fan of smaller tubes myself , the only smaller tubes I have for my torches is for the blfgt ,but I only bought it to run 12 cells instead of 8 to get more runtime.

I’ve stopped myself from buying another D4S with a different emitter by asking is it more useful than what I have now. The full 26650 for me is the right length and the shorter tube would be too short. Others have said when it comes to size, a smaller diameter is easier to carry than a smaller length, I agree. But giving up any size dimension in this light just doesn’t provide any true benefit, as you say YMMV.

My mileage doesn’t vary , I agree :THUMBS-UP:

this agreeing malarkey feels very weird

:smiley:

Well, the 30T can deliver substantially more power than any 26650 out there, so for an ultimate build the LH351D in W6 power bin using an 30T cell can deliver around 7600 lumens. Sometimes we build them because we can, not because we need anything different.

I did order my new blue D4S with the 26350 tube because I like the stubby configuration, no other reason than that. I have short D4 lights and I don’t have a short D4S light, but I will have soon. And this is how my collection grows to fill all available space…

Thank you for pointing out all of these advantages that I overlooked. I suppose the greater thermal mass advantage might be lost with a smaller 26350 tube?

26350 battery will never give as much power as 26650, it should deal much better with heat

So does that mean we shouldn’t expect the light to deliver as many lumens on Turbo with a 26350 cell? Is that because there are no high drain 25350 cells?