Emisar D4S review

Yeah I have two 3A D4’s, it seems a little cooler in my frosted D4 though. I just don’t like grey concrete roads and paths to look like they are sandstone.

I’ve got to say that I’m tempted in getting a D4S but I’m not certain which leds.

I have a Nichia-equipped D4 and yes, it gets hot, but I’d like to see a real side-by-side temperature and stepdown comparison to get an idea about which D4S I should choose.

Has it been done? Could someone with a couple different D4S lights compare them? Thanks.

My D4s was delivered today in the UK!

Does anyone know if there is likely to be a frosted optic option in the future, or possibly some other colour options / aux LED colours? I think purple would look great.

Got D4S XPL HI V3 5000K delivered today here in the UK with the battery from hank and plus I got 2 shocklli 5500 30A ready to go excited

now ive moved it to stepped ramping which is awesome and the last 2 ramps of the 7 ramps before turbo as (as a previous poster mentioned on previous page) is roughly 1016 lumens (ramp 6) and 1906 lumens (ramp 7)

Now how long would I be able to sustain with very little lumen drop say ramp 6? And ramp 7?

As 6 and 7 suits me perfectly and would love to run one or the other for over 10min.

Love to hear any feedback/graphs on the above

Can I ask what others are getting at the tail cap on max? I only seem to be getting 6 amps.

Zak.wilson made a nice Android app called Ceilingbounce, which can be used to graph output during runtime and thermal tests. It’s pretty easy to set up; mostly just point the light at a phone, hit ‘start’, turn the light on, and then wait.

This is probably the easiest way to get the graphs you want.

The expected amount of current is more like 15 to 30 Amps. But to measure current, you’ll need a clamp meter and a thick piece of copper wire. A regular DMM can’t do it.

I dont have an equipment to measure amps. High drain batteries make big difference, just like a d4…

Even within high drain battery, efest green imr is 250 less lumen than shockli or liitokala.

So to make it short, this d4s is like a lexus which require octane 91 premium.

I just noticed the D4S‘ side switch is recessed (I hope I used the right English word) in the body while the side switch in the D4 is raised. I think this is a big improvement on the D4S as it helps to prevent the light turning on accidentally, e.g. when you carry it in your pockets.

Time ago I post a link with the optionals flood lens from Ledil.

Thanks alex64. That’s very useful info. I saw a similar post on reddit the other day but the postage cost is 3x as much as the optic, and works out to be almost 1/2 the price of a D4s! I might bit the bullet and order one in a few months.

you werent wrong about the postage!! it redirects me to a UK page and its just over £4 each and postage was £12!!! :open_mouth: lets hope its an option in future and can buy an extra optic or two for my current lights. what is a good degree for flood? or what was the D4 frosted degree? as i was happy about that spread of light

Joining the club

It’s a nice design but i lost the wow factor for brightness. My eyes are use to lights with >16k lumens :slight_smile:

It’s still a nice pocket rocket

It’s still a nice pocket rocket ?

And how has the range changed? (How many meters ?)

you got 2 tailcaps!!! in my two packages i just got the one with the torch. one light i ordered with magnetic and the other without

:cry:

Probably because he ordered a spare one :wink: that was one of the options

Lucky you! I got my new charger. I received my 26650 yesterday. Hoping to see the light here really soon. Days are getting shorter and nights are getting longer again :smiley:

About getting a wider beam… does anyone think swapping in a frosted glass lens of some kind would work out well?

It would work well, but I am not sure how much light you would loose though.

you can get DC-FIX from a user here that will do same effect. I put some on mine, but i decided to take it off in the end.

D4S XP-L recieved today. The light is too good to be true. Does the V3 UI fit on the D1 and D4? Oh I just found the source code. Looks like I need a flashing interface. :smiley:

P.S.: Charging up battery for current measurement.