*ended*DEAL ALERT: Fandyfire HD2011 for $13.69@DX*ended*

Finally FandyFire HD2011 from DX offers arrived today!

I like it intensely! Flood galore, and VERY bright at that. I love the low mode, I'd prefer it had even lower low instead of the idiotic SOO.

Only real flaw is the whine on mid mode, but I guess I can live with that. Other than that, reflector has some wiggle space.

Viktor

I just noticed that mine seems to have two high modes. It goes: high, high, med, low, strobe, SOS. Anyone else notice this?

Speedsix has no luck with cells. :-/

When your cells is low on power, high and mid often look roughly the same.

Get a decent cell and you'll see the light. :)

No need to spend $13 per cell, but something like $8 per cell would open your lumens. Search the forum for decent 18650 cells, you'll find plenty. Himax for about $9, Sanyo about $7, etc.

On the other hand, your cell might simply be near empty.

Good luck!

Viktor

Edit:

Oh wait, I've misread the first time around! Two highs then mid, low, strobe, SOO. That's a bug in the driver. I sometimes get two highs when powering it up after a long off. When circling/cycling modes while it's on there are never two highs in a row.

Edit 2:

It is NOT a bug. It just has a VERY short memory reset interval. If you take even slightly longer between two switch presses it will reset mode to high.

Few more observations. If it runs "too long" on high mode, it tends to "stick" in on mode even after a FULL CLICK. I think the switch on this will be the weakest link. Sometimes it even turns off, but when you start twisting off the tailcap it TURNS ON, even though the switch is off.

Be careful about the switch and it actually being off. Overheating it too much is a bad idea.

Also, there is NO mode memory, having it off for about half a second resets it. VERY easy to skip disco modes. :)

Viktor

Yeah it's a bit of an oddball . you click it on and ... nothing.. then all you need to do is soft touch it and it works fine and will cycle thru the modes .....i thought I just saw a lower low (maybe not ) than what I'm currently seeing ...maybe I'm just losing it... but not getting any readings for a med or low off my meter is puzzling as well .( Is anyone else getting tail readings for low and med ??)

my driver says eas1 092b in it ..written really small in the green I thought it said eastward

I still like it ....It has more flood than the uf 2100 and a better overall smoother beam and no dark center spot like some xmls

Oh yeah, the beam on this is VERY floody and even, I like it very much. I like the beam more than UF V6-T60, if anyone knows how that one looks like.

V6-T60 beam is a nice clean floody beam, FF HD2011 is a nice wall of light.

I just checked it again. Now it is normal. It was normal to start and then for a while I was getting two highs in a row but now they are gone. I am 100% sure I was getting double highs last night. Weird.
I bought this as a bike light to go with my $2.50 mount from Manafont. It has the perfect floody beam i was looking for. For less than $20 i have a bike light that is as good as the $100 lights they sell in the bike shop. Nice! Plus, i can take it off in a snap so nobody steals it and have a compact pocket light with me. Really happy now.

You aren't wrong. It has VERY short interval to reset to high mode. If you take even slightly longer pause between two presses it will reset to high, try it. That is the effect you were seeing. It's NOT a bug, I take that back. I actually LIKE this feature a lot. It enables you to switch to high mode VERY fast, and skip disco modes altogether.

+1

I think I'll use this on my scooter. I'm a bit worried about blinding drivers that are coming towards me though.

I guess I'll have to read up on some bike forum on how to make the beam appear more cut/straight horizontally.

Viktor

Update:

I have been using this light for the past few months and I love it. It was one of my best buys. I have used it on my bike and it is very bright but has such an even flood that it lights up all the road in front. It makes a perfect bike light. I actually used the strobe mode a few times on the road. Never used the SOS and wish it didn’t exist but it is easy to skip.

This light is well built, small and very bright with a nice beam. For $13, it was a great deal. When I get my Ultrafire UF-2100, I will do a comparison.