ENEDED

Yeah, if you don’t mind cool white (I do), the Nitecore on sale sounds like a better deal.

Ooops!

Sorry guys. I must have made it private by accident.

Here it is again.

Initially they said that it goes into strobe when the batteries are low. But I tried more than 1 set of freshly charged eneloops w/ the same result & that’s what I initially told them.

However during the day I thought more about it & -> realized that as soon as I inserted fresh cells the light didn’t go into strobe (I think) BUT an hour or so later it goes into strobe when I go to turn it on. I don’t have my DDM to confirm but I am wondering if the driver in my light has an extraordinarily high level of parasite drain. & thus the cells are being heavily drained while being in the light in the off state. I haven’t had the chance to tell BG’s CS my hypothesis yet but I will. What do you guys think? THX!

EDIT - it seems that BG’s CS has improved over a few years ago. After viewing the video they have decided to send me a replacement. + my hypothesis seems incorrect. Yesterday I placed another set of freshly charged cells & from the get go the light started strobing on startup. Yep, my light was officially messed up. Thankfully BG is sending me a replacement. As the coast is clear I guess I can resume buying all these BG GBs then… :smiley:

Second attempt posting this because the devs have turned firefox for android into an unreliable pile of crap. I am impressed by this light. Though the ui is a bit simplistic, after about 1.5 hours on high, 3 hours on low, and tonight the output on high is still comparable to my L5 on medium using the same un re-charged 2700mah tenergy blue (L5 is running on a Lii 26650). It was originally intended as a host but due to its performance though lacking features it is vying for position as my preferred aa with the ea41w (thanks again 264). Looking forward to a driver offering more customizable levels. To the individuals who organized this buy I say ‘thank you!’.

I see this in the specs list.
Lens: Toughened ultra-clear glass. It means that it is coated both sides?
If it is not,can I put another coated?

Mine certainly does not have any anti-reflective coating. I’m not sure what they mean by “ultra-clear” glass. It’s transparent, sure, but that’s about it.

You could probably replace the glass with a lens that has anti-reflective coating. Might be a nice upgrade. I’m not sure where you’d order the lens, though. Looks like about a 40mm diameter.

Ultra-clear does not imply that it is coated but that the glass type is clear, which is the least what you can expect and even the cheapest flashlights use pretty clear glass. You can change it for a coated lens, but be aware that there are cheap coated lenses for sale that look cool but do not transmit more light than uncoated lenses, or even worse.

So,if I want to buy one of the good coated glasses,where should I look ?

What is the diameter of lens?

It is 38.77mm.
Also,I see that there is one o-ring, which they have put under the glass,between this and the mirror.

code is expired now, doh.

Hi freeme, could you please ask for a new code?

Ill take a nw please

Replied.

CRELANT V4A group buy has officially ended.

You guys may want to consider Lumintop SD4A XM-L2(U2) / XP-L HI 1000LM LED Flashlight instead. PM me for coupon.

Do SD4A has NW version?

interested

check out my review

NEW Coupon (Feb 2017) has been reactivated for this official CRELANT Group Buy. PM for code.

it was reactivated because of my review and they asked for it to be used at this link

Back in Jan, I made a request for @chouster but I was told that they had difficulty in extending previous code validity due to a reason. It is my responsibility to come out with win-win solutions for all parties as an organizer. That prompted me to recommend SD4A as a next best 4xAA candidate (as good as V4A or some said better) to the new readers.

Nevertheless, new coupon was forwarded to me by Swi direct.

edited.

Interesting, Swi is also the person who i have been speaking with and after i posted my review for the light he e-mailed me the code and different link for the light