ENEDED

crelant store link

ordered NW

interested also on PWM…

The two are not mutually exclusive. A constant current driver can use PWM to achieve dimming. Or, you can have multiple constant current levels and no PWM.

FWIW, my NW CRELANT V4A shipped today.

I’ve always heard that described as regulated. Constant current seems to be associated with lights that do not use PWM to control output. But whatever, I guess we’ll have to see what this light does. I’m hoping that it doesn’t use PWM, like most of Crelant’s other lights.

Yup, my NW shipped too. Now, the long wait begins. I don’t expect it before mid September.

Maybe I’m wrong but I thought a constant current driver would use pwm for lower levels as Stereodude posted and current regulated drivers used that regulation to control the level.

Order placed. Thanks!

Ordered 2xNW

Thanks freeme

Is there any review?

Ordered, thank you so much!

Looks like Gearbest is also carrying this light, but they have more info about the specs and UI:

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_428556.html?wid=21

Main Features:
● CREE XPL HI LED, delivering max 1095LM output
● 6500K and 5300 - 5400K for your choice
● 5 modes: high - low - strobe - SOS - dimming light
● Side switch and twisty tail switch, side switch of infinitely variable brightness function
● IPX-8 waterproof standard, let alone rainy days
● SMO aluminum reflector with spotlight and 523M long beam
● Body with anti-slip knurling, cooling slots of high efficiency
● Powered by 4pcs AA batteries, ensuring max 95min runtime

Operation:
On / Off
● Twist tail cap to turn on the light ( default High mode )
Normal Mode
● When the light is on, single click side switch to enter Low mode, single click again to turn off the light
Hidden Mode
● When the light is on, double click to enter Strobe, double click again to enter SOS, single click back to normal mode
Dimming Light
● When the light is on, long press side switch to enter Stepless Dimming mode, and loose your hand at the brightness you want
● The light will flash three times at High mode and stay for 1s at Low mode, the whole dimming process lasts for 5s
Memory Function
● The Stepless function is memorable, turn off tail switch can reset it

I should have mine in less than 24hr time.

Looking forward for review.

It is a standard UI used in “all” crelant lights, I would wish they add one more mode slot and a memory so that the custom settings would remain after tailcap is removed (or batteries replaced)…

Just tested my unit. Default mode for V4A is HIGH (mode 1) > LOW (mode 2) > OFF. However, you could configure it to LOW to HIGH through ramping if you want. Memory for brightness level will be lost when batteries are disconnected from circuit (e.g tailcap is off).

The diagrams crack me up. They are completely impossible to understand unless you already understand it.

Yes, this user interface does look different than most lights. Should be fun to play with the ramping, though.

I normally like lights to turn on in low. But for this light, high as the default probably makes more sense. It’s mainly going to be used as an outdoor thrower.

I’d be really interested to know what the standby current drain is on this light. Hopefully less than 20uA.

I have already tried my best to illustrate it. I thought the diagram is "simple" enough to understand for most. Guess I am wrong then.

I have problem measuring the standby current as this light will go into HIGH mode (2.9A+) when batteries are connected. Anyone know how should I approach it?

Temporarily short the meter until you have connected the battery and switched the light off.

if you ramp up to a certain brightness, can you Then ramp up some more without starting over like the Nitecore Tube?