ENEDED

It seems like Astrolux owes you a new button cover. I would contact Banggood and show them.

Does the rest of the switch and light work okay?

Not likely. I didn’t see a remote temp probe anywhere so it’s probably built into the driver.

XP-G3 under restocking again with Nichia still in stock. Does this mean XP-G3 is actually more popular outside the BLF world lol

No one said they restocked the same amount.

I am wondering what caused my MF-01 to malfunction…
Before it suddenly turned on, I had about 3 minutes of turbo mode without stepdown in my outdoor session (really cold weather with wind and a little rain, the head was barely warm - 32C/90F degrees).
So is it possible that something in driver was damaged from heat, because thermal sensor was away from that part and - possibly - cooled better than the part in question?
(Sorry, I am rather newb in electronics :slight_smile: )

You should ask Lexel. He builds drivers and understands them pretty well.

Got mine yesterday and it was fine last night, turned it on low today and 6 leds wouldn’t turn on.

Moved up the levels and all came on.

I already wrote them, and showed them photos, they asked me if they were working with a flashlight. I asked them to send me another button, they pretended to be fools, as if they did not understand me. I still do not leave it like this, because now the water gets into the button. :frowning:

They should send you a replacement if it your unit was delivered in such condition.

When did you get your unit? I don't think you are from my group buy right?

How to determine which version of the flashlight was sent to me, from the first parts or updated? Does anyone know?

@Damir: is the switch under the cover in good condition and does the light work properly?

Yes, got the code from you on the deal over at cpf.

I ordered it Oct 14 and got it on the 20th.

I just got a my nichia 219c out of the mailbox.Looks great not a mark on it.Here are pics of the new driver and mcpcb. Alot different that’s for sure.Igot 10701 lumens with 10100@30s. on fresh vtc6.I’m going to check again after while to be sure i got it right.

Got my Q8 ordered Sept. 7th and the Astrolux ordered Oct 9th, yesterday, Oct. 20th. Played with the Astrolux on Sammy Q30s, turbo is insane stock. Haven’t opened the Q8, will do tonight. The Astrolux was in perfect cosmetic and functional condition, just beautiful, everything works as described. Thanks Miller and freeme for the work, especially Miller, keep the faith, Bro., you did good! Oh, mine is the Cree version.

So the second batch might be a little brighter?

After having to tell them for the THIRD time that the batteries are good, and that it’s not a connection issue…and, explaining what the actual problem is, here’s the latest response from Banggood CS:

:person_facepalming:

After all this time, I don’t understand why they haven’t been in contact with the MF-01 team. You’d think they’d already been apprised of the situation, and would be ready to resolve it.

I can’t leave nothing alone i changed the led wires from 24 awg to 20 awg and output jumped to 11290 lumens 10450 @30s

Is this an updated driver? With the updated version?

To anyone wondering about the new and old versions, these pics are clearly the new version. See the 2 wires going to the leds instead of 6 wires? These new ones are not wired in 3 groups of 6 anymore.