ENEDED

When the battery tube threads on to the head it presses against the outer edge of the driver. It puts a lot of pressure against the outer edge of the driver.

If you add washers to raise the driver, the outer edge of the driver is no longer pressed against the ledge cut into the head to support it.

It seems then that if you screw the battery tube on tight it could break or crack the outer edge of the driver. It seems the driver has to remain flush to the machined groove in the head.

Does that make sense? It’s a little hard to explain.

It’s also possible that the driver pcb is super tough and won’t ever sustain damage. I’m not sure, though.

Aha. It’s perfectly clear what you’re trying to say. Good point! I was thinking that the washers would be large enough to reach the edge of the inner diameter part; hence there would be no bending of the PCB. Instead of a uniform stress around the circumference of the PCB, you would get three concentrated spots where the washers are. But this is only the case if the washers are of sufficient diameter… Yes this is definitely asking for problems…
Yeah, you need like a custom “gasket” to prevent bending.

Does anyone have a direct comparison of actual lumens in each mode for the 219C and XP-G3? I am leaning towards the XP-G3 as I feel going the 219C is less efficient and produces 20% more heat and 20% less lumens than the XP-G3 variant. To have more heat and less output doesn’t seem like a good trade off for a better tint.

219C is instock now.

Interested, XP-G3

According to one reviewer the XPG is only brighter on Low & Turbo, and 219c is only 474 less (on turbo)
And 219c is brighter on Medium, Medium1 and high…

But it looks like he’s just going off the factory specs for his conclusion, so not the actual lumens comparison you were looking for.

“The Nichia 219 LED’s produce a whiter neutral white output and only sacrifice a small amount of output in doing so. The human eye can’t tell the difference between the 12000 lumens that this light produces with the XPG3 LED and the 11526 lumens it produces with the 219C LED’s. What a little strange is On low and turbo the XPG3 LED’s produce more lumens but on Medium, Medium1 and high the 219C LED’s produce more lumens. Throw distance is the same”

From this review: [Review]Astrolux MF01 4x18650 18xNichia 219C

I think for this light personally I would try the 219c, because I don’t really like CW tint.
Can someone say what the (actual) turbo output is for 219c? I read it somewhere here but can’t remember where.

Thanks for the post. I understand the XP-G3 on high is 5100 and the Nichia is 6800, Wich is strange… however another site states the Nichia is 3,400~ on high. I really wish we had some solid realistic comparisons. Now my question leaves heat on the 219c variant and how much it will effect the turbo runtime vs the XP-G3.

The nichia is around 3000 on high

Here is the nichia mcpcb wired up for lexel’s TA narsil driver. It doesn’t look pretty but it gets 17000 lumens on startup.

Interested…XP-G3 on list please!

I assume your only interested in the V2 lights, correct?

Yeah, this second wave.

On a side note, doing some digging on the forums, I found this nice chart comparison of the XP-G3.

Wow, now that kinda sucks… the XP-G3 version was to be available on Dec. 6th, Now it’s been pushed back to 15th December 2017. :confused:

I’m guessing the Astrolux products are selling faster than production can keep up.

I would not doubt it. This is one hell of a light Astrolux has come up with!

Interested / 219c / thank you

Found a bypass wire had come loose on one of the carrier springs.I fixed this and on fresh vtc5a batteries i got 19100 lumens on startup 16500@ 30s.It stepped down at 35s on 60c.

Wow, I imagine that 2 second beacon mode must make the world come to a stop. Lol

19th now

Daaaaamn. :confused: