ENEDED

Finally got my MF01 working again, now this is what the MF01 should have been, running TA Driver NarsilM. Not sure how much lumens but definitely brighter than my Haikelite MT03.
Ceiling bounce MT01 750Lux, MF01 1075 Lux.

Hi all, I’m interested in one MF-01, Nichia version. Is the coupon code still active? :slight_smile:

friends. send me the discount code. Thank you.

Hello.
if I now order a MF01 from the Banggood, will it have this driver TA Driver NarsilM?
Thanks

No, the TA driver is a seperate thing you have to buy and install yourself if you want it.

The Astrolux MF01 comes with its own driver design.

Thanks (

The original driver has some advantages, the TA-Driver didn’t have. It is a Boost-Driver. That means you can use the maximum output with almost all charging-levels of the battery.
With the TA linear-driver you will only be able to use the maximum output level if the Voltage of the batteries is over or equal the Vf of the LED at this output-level. That means you will have it only in the first 20 percent oft the battery-charging-level, e.g…
But with the TA driver you will get more light out of the flashlight.

The change is not verry easy, because you have to change some traces/connections on the led-board/mcpcb to make it compatible to the TA driver.
The drivers of the first flashlights was buck-driver, that means they didn’t reached Tubo mode for a long time, but they had a 6V layout of the mcpcb. Thats why the first flashlights were easyer to mod with TA-driver.

I’m afraid that’s not the case. Output does reduce with reducing voltage of the cells.

MF01 V2 (boost driver)
4.2V => 9100 lumen
3.6V => 7200 lumen

Output is maintained better though compared to V1 (older version).

MF01 V1
4.2V => 10000 lumen
3.6V => 5400 lumen

(my measurements)

Thank you for information. I’m thinking about buying MF01

I’m seeing some reports that the Nichia version, compared to the XP-G3 counterpart, is noticeably less bright. So I’m now torn on buying the Nichia version to go with my XP-G3. I already have a NW Olight x7. I really don’t know if the Nichia version will be a better upgrade. Looks like the output will be the same.

OK, i didn’t know. But it has been said that V2 and V3 should hold maximum output level for a longer time.
I only have V1 and a Lexel-TA-Driver I want to change.
But the drop in the output-level of the V2 is less hard than with V1. And It is hard to say what they did improve at V3.

What’s confusing is, how do you tell V2 from v3? I just bought the recent XP-G3 version (December) right before it went out of stock. I’m thinking version 3?

I don’t think version 3 is out yet.

Once it comes back into stock, we will see if it is a new version or the same old version 2.

We are just speculating that there will be a 3rd new version. There’s no proof, yet.

I just said F-it. I just bought the Nichia 219c version to go with my XP-G3 version. Hopefully I won’t regret it even though it won’t be as bright as the XP-G3. I wonder how much hotter it gets over the XP-G3?

At $78.00 it’s just too good to pass up. Now, what the hell am I going to do with three flooders? LOL. (2 MF-01 and Olight x7 NW).

From 219C V 1 to 219C V 2, the yellowness becomes stronger,In addition, the green color appeared again this time :cry:
I am sorry it got worse.
There is one no screw.The spring position is misaligned.Making is also complicated :confounded:
There were two LED wiring.

Coupon still available??

So from what i’ve read so far, mateminco mt18 is exactly the same as MF01, right?

Supposedly. MF01 was supposed to be higher quality, but I don’t think it is. They are probably the same.

Mateminco is the name they use only in China.

Prices should be similar once shipping costs are added, but Mateminco is sold in fewer places.

BTW, there is a “search this thread” button at the top of the page that let’s you search. You will find out all the things said if you use that.

Thanks a lot! Jason, it’s very helpful

interested in the nichia version :smiley: , Could you please send me a code?