ENEDED

That sounds accurate.

I messaged them on Alibaba once and they said you can customise the flashlight. I also asked them if the MT18 is the same as the MF01 and they said yes. Is that true or are there small driver changes?

I don’t know for sure, but I would guess a bit over an hour, something like an hour and 15 minutes.

It was said that initially there were some small differences in the drivers, but since they had to be overhauled, they should be the same now. They should be version 2.

Or it might have been the MF01 and MT35 that had the slight differences early on. I can’t remember, but they are all effectively the same now. The Mateminco branding is what they use locally and the Astrolux branding is what they use internationally.

I got my Nichia MF01 today. Overall happy with it but I measured the levels outputs with freshly charged HG2 batteries and all outputy were lower than specs. I don’t care most because the difference is not much in the lower 3 level but on high it is huge. It doesn’t steps down after 12 minutes from high but I think it uses high that level what need to be after stepdown.

seems a bit low 8430 ?

Yes.
My BLF Q8 done 7100 with spring bypasses and brass screws in tailcap in the same lumen tube.

Title of the thread shows “Active” and 1st page shows group buy price of $78, if still valid please send coupon.

I would like the coupon please. Thanks!

Coupon please. I wan in x 2. Thanks.

Hi all

I received today a V2 batch with G3 leds. I experience this issue: I cycle through the four mode up to Turbo. When I press again to return to low mode, the MF01 stop and button led light off. I need to loosen a bit and tighten again to button led to light on. From OFF I press twice and the MF01 show a flash and than button light off. Again loosen and thigten. I use INR18650B protected cell (apple green, 3400mah). Is this an issue belonging to protected cells? Any ideas? Thank you

Are you sure they’re INR18650B instead of NCR18650B? Protected NCR18650B is limited to about 5A, whereas Astrolux advises people to use Samsung 30Q rated at 15A.

Dear friend, you are right! I have NCR18650B…
Ok I buy now the Samsung 30Q cells.

Thank you

Are you saying the light completely powers down when you go to turbo?

Or does turbo work?

You need to know what batteries you have and what power they are rated at. If you are not sure, tell us where you bought them and what model and maybe we can figure out what they are.

Also make sure all 4 drain down to the same level. The MF01 can run on only 2 cells so we want to make sure all 4 are working.

:+1:

Don’t forget to order button tops. :wink:

From off I click three times (go directly on turbo) and the MF01 fire a flash and goes off with light OFF. I need to loosen and thighten to light up the button. With one-click cycle, instead of TURBO the MF01 goes OFF with light OFF

I have bought the cells on sept 2017, from GB. I found my order and the description doesn’t mention about max Ampere discharge .

That sounds like their protection circuit is kicking in.

Those green GB cells have unknown protection circuitry. It might use a cheap pcb with a 3A limit which would be 12A 6A total and the MF01 draws more than that on turbo.

The MF01 does not recommend protected cells due to its high current needs.

It’s also possible that not all 4 cells are making contact. Verify that first. (It’s possible the protection circuitry is good for 5A, but only 2 cells are running the light)

Yes, I already triple-checked contacts and reversed cell holder more times but nothing… Anyway, I should receive the new SAMSUNG 30Q next week and I will confirm if it is a cell issue (I hope so…)
Thank you

MF01 is 2S2P, so with 3A limit you have 6A total. With a 5A protection you have 10A total, which is well below requirement; Lexel measured 16A for V1 Pre production sample [Review] Astrolux MF-01 4x18650 flashlight supplied by Banggood

Has anyone modded this light with XPL-HI or XPL-HD emitters? I think with some VCT6 cells and XPL emitters this light would be a monster (if the driver would allow it).