ENEDED

You guys should receive my coupon by now.

Thanks Freeme

Im tossing between MT07 vs MT07s and i think i like MT07 more.

Can someone help me to decide so i can finalise the decision tomorrow :slight_smile:

Hi Nicolicous,

I would prefer the MT07S because the MT07 is not good to handle, it`s not balanced well. The MT07 is the only haikelite which I don`t own.

Greets
Carsten

How can you say that MT07 is not balanced while you say that you dont have one? I found the MT07 to be balanced well at exactly where two of your finger rest behind the switch while holding. i found MT07 neither tail nor head-heavy.

in contrary MT07 feels balanced when you holding it like this. Notice where my index and middle finger that is where the COG is (center of the body where the switch is located)

Thank you ! When will the CW version be available ?

+1 - in my MT07 review, I don't recall saying anything about it being unbalanced - I think I had the same experience you did. If you hold it on the battery tube, of course it will be unbalanced. Here's my comments from the review OP:

It appears to be top heavy, but I find it quite well balanced in the hand, but you do have to hold it on the fins for a balanced carry, then it's prone to getting your hand uncomfortably warm/hot on turbo.

Hhmm. Almost sounds like I'm saying two things, CYA... Yes, it's balanced, yes it's a hot balance hold... I think you're right though about the balance point - about at the switch.

Order placed!!!
Thanks again Freeme

MT07 form factor is rather awkward to hold.

Thanks pal!

The center of gravity of the MT07 with 4 batteries is at the tripod insert. From the tailcap to the tripod insert = 9 cm, from tripod insert to front bezel = 9.5cm. It means that the first half part with 4 batteries within has about the same weight than the other half part with the reflector.

It is balanced at the center but you need to hold it with your index very far on a large conical and finned part and with an another uncomfortable part of the flashlight in your palm. Then yes, the flashlight is balanced but when the most comfortable part is the handle, it isn’t balanced to hold it comfortably with the whole handle in the palm like an MT01.

Well, the best part is when you turn it on turbo. :heart_eyes:

70.2 or 70?

CW maybe available later.

Ordered silver

A coupon arrived just when im saving for BLF GT
I have to say “no” this time :frowning:

Ordered one, in silver. Thank you Freeme!

I like this flashlight, but
I will wait a CW version.

thank’s freeme just ordered one it was a toss up between this or the mt07 so i went with the new family member cheer’s

and i ordered the silver

G’day mate i had the same problem with which one to get but when you think about it the mt07s is a new model and it comes with the new xhp70.2 plus with a smooth reflector and the best part is it come’s in the silver colour and its about $20 cheaper than its brother. So to me it’s a no brainer when you look at it that way so i just ordered the silver one.Hope that helps u make up your mind cheer’s

freeme - Sorry, don't want to derail this thread any further, but both the Banggood and Haikelite current listings have the MT07S throw at 500 meters, that's 62.5 kcd, while the MT07 is listed at 750 meters - that's 140 kcd, that's a big difference. From the beamshots, it looks way closer than that so I'm sure the 500 meters is under spec.

So could you have them correct something because things just can't be right there. This is yet another light sold without reviewing and with having conflicting posted info and specs.

I'm gonna unsubscribe from this thread at this point, because these assumptions and inaccuracies are driving me nuts, and I don't want to post anymore here.

Sorry again...