ENEDED

I had assumed everyone has read this review of the MT35.

It has a link to another review.
This one which is translated to English.

Here are some pics from that second link.

There are a ton more images of these 2 heads together. As a bonus, when they are combined, you can use the leftover battery tube, carrier and 2 end caps to carry another set of batteries in the carrier in a sealed container.

Just a little comparison from BLF MF02 Inductor with stock driver ones
could do this basically to all components of the Buck regulators current parts

Good!
Do not need modification?

The new Astrolux MF02 throwing distance under 1300 meters and lumens output around 2100. The actual output falls short of the advertised values, which wasn’t too unexpected.

Where are you getting these numbers from? Have you measured yours?

Maukka reviewed MF-02 here : Astrolux MF02 CW review w/ measurements (XHP35 HI, 4x18650)

Open this link:

Thanks for the link.

It’s odd that both the MT35 and MF02 have about the same output and throw. I thought the MF02 was supposed to be a hot rodded version of the MT35.

The lack of performance (regardless of the rediculous specs they posted) plus these driver issues are really bumming me out. At least the non driver aspects of the light look good. The body, reflector, fit and finish, etc… I bet a driver swap would get the performance numbers back up.

Dident get around to get beam shots yesterday, though it was weather for beams, but only short ones as it was pretty foggy limiting throw to around 500 M

Maybe the MF02 will be a good modders light, im no expert but it feel like it have potential in it.

Wondering if a 4S carrier like i understand are in the GT will fit, or you should just mod the 2S2P carrier to 4S, and with Lexel and others working their magic maybe we might be able to exceed the optimistic claims one day.

As is i am okay with it, got it to 1up my U21 and it do that just fine, and size are still fine where i personally find the GT to be too much of a good thing.

Maybe i will hit Lexel up for a sample of his driver for this, postage over the DE/DK border should be manageable .

Got mine today and it works fine (touch wood). Only had the Klarus G35 to compare with, and it beats the Klarus for distance easily……good value for money!

It should be very easy to modify the existing carriers to 4S.

Vinh over at Skylumen already offers a modified mt35 with a different driver and a xhp70.2 with good results from it. I assume that Lexel’s version of the GT driver will allow for higher outputs. This means you could try a 50.2 or 70.2 at a much higher output.

Yeah, the Klarus G35 costs about $100 and does 1000 meters.

Fet driver , stock battery carrier , xhp70.2 (6V) .

The Problem with 4S will be, that you can not use one tube/battery-carryer for the MF01 and the MF02. But this will be a cool feature. So you can easy switch between Thrower and Allrounder/Flooder.

This is a really nice thrower for the money. Astrolux should not put unrealistic specs on their lights they would sell a lot more if they did.

My MF02 functions perfectly. I removed the plastic caps from the positive posts in the battery carrier, so I could use my flat top Samsung 30Q’s. They hold firm with a good amount of spring compression. Driver is functioning fine, I noticed they are using torx fasteners on the brass driver retaining ring, not the Phillips shown on BG’s photos. Fit and finish is beautiful, better then any other light I own. Great value.

would be possible to mod the MF01 LED board to 4S/4P and run MF02 driver with 6A parts

I have the G35 and with a coupon deal you can get it for around $80. The Astrolux is $84 and simply blows away the Klarus. The problem is, if the Astrolux isn’t reliable, what’s the point?

Discussed enhancing output on the MF02 BLF driver, 6-8A should be with little modification no problem with same board layout

As a TV hero of mine once said, or rather said again and again.

More Power ! :smiley: