ENEDED

Somewhere I read that the head will be able to purchase separetely too. Is that means that only MF-02 head sold separately or if I buy an MF-02 complete first, can I buy an MF-01 head alone too? Or the head only option works only with MF-02?

Message #295

I forgot all about that. Lol

If still possible, I would like to participate in #GB47.

+1 too

Mateminco MT35 Beamshots and Throw Measure:

Please put me down for the group buy, preferably a warmer white version. Thx

interest MF02 please put me down for buy group

interest

Here i did write my first impressions of the MF02 preproduction sample.

No throw #'s? Can you borrow a meter maybe? If not, rough estimate?

Put me down for one

Approximately 462Kcd 1360m. Either factory will have to go through another round of boost (like MF-01) or specs have to be adjusted accordingly.

It’s hard to believe the led was not centered. That’s a crucial step to get good performance from a thrower.

Oh boy, that's more what's expected though, as I posted bout way back. Wonder where they got 720 kcd from. I'd say 500-525 kcd tops from the factory, and that's pushing it. I really have been thinking the Astrolux brand is turning the corner with the MF01 - I've been very impressed with the quality and the specs are in the ballpark. BG is also reaching out to the community, us, another great sign they want to improve the product line.

They just have to be more realistic with this one. The MF02 looks like another great quality, outstanding design, but they need to keep their feet on the ground in regards to specs.

Discussion has already started to refine its design, so that it could achieve the desired Kcd value. They proposed deeper reflector initially but i believe most you guys prefer larger head right?

Ohhh - well a deeper reflector won't gain much throw, if any at all - it just reduces the width of the flood. A wider reflector will do the trick - if you want TN42 performance, you need TN42 width - shallow is fine, just look at the HD2010 reflectors - great throw, shallow design. That's why the BLF GT is so wide - size does matter .

I am more lean to slightly bigger head too. Maybe ~90mm.

From left to right: Acebeam K70 (88mm head), Niwalker BK-FA09S (83.5mm head) and Thrunite TN42 (100mm head).
Credit: Miguel_79

Yes, I think like you. 100 mm head seems a bit excessive. I’d rather be a little thinner.

I propose a head of 92mm. And I propose that they make the bezel thinner, it is very thick, if they increase the size of the head from 84mm to 92mm, and decrease the thickness of the bezel in half, I think we would gain much throw without the flashlight being monstrously large .

Although I prefer a bigger head as well, isn’t this simply going to require a larger chunk of aluminium to machine, resulting in a higher cost?