ENEDED

You can try imgur.com, it is still free

This light is now available also as Ultrafire UF-M8:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10015804/9661320-authentic-ultrafire-uf-m8-led-flashlight

It appears it has different modes.

Remove the black wrap?
Probably the blue wrap under it, that’s why they’re a little wider. (i guess…)

Or maybe hit it with a heat gun and shrink it a bit more

Or pump up the battery tube with compressed air?

Ahhh, I finally got in qty 4 of those black LK's and can report all 4 fit my new green M8. 1 of the 4 is a little tight on the + end, but fits well enough for me to be comfortable with it.

Also I updated the green M8 now with a 30 mm TA driver running NarsilM and it's working well with a Samsung 351D 5000K LED from here: https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/samsung-semiconductor-inc/SPHWHTL3DA0CF4RTW6/1510-2261-1-ND/7562273

This 351D is a higher W6 bin with lower CRI at 70 rated. Sure wish I got in on the 90 CRI 351D's buy - Digikey has an order min qty of 800 for these things... Frustrating to see them in stock and untouchable...

I got 7.4 amps out of it, 1770-1660 lumens (mine), 81 kcd taken at 5m. Not too crazy about the beam's tint - too much blue in the spill for a 5000K LED, similar to other "new" LED's. The spot looks ok though - no weird ring like the XPL2's have on a SMO reflector. Amazing the more we see new LED's, the better the old XM-L2's and XPL's look.

That UF M8 looks like a great deal, but only if it's the rev 2 version (wider battery tube). From the driver pic, looks like it's a new one, but not sure. The FT listing says plastic OP reflector, but that's not what is in the pics, oh boy.

Hey, TomE, you want a link to some of these, uh, 5000k 90CRI LED in way smaller ?

I can provide with some links if you want, if I can find them.

Also, wut? From maukka’s test, even the 5000k 70CRI has good tint from it.

just wanted to know how did you removed the bezel on this light? tools used?

thanks

Coupon code expired. Are there any new codes? Thanks.

I think this looks like a good host for the new White Flat. The driver making about 5A stock seems perfect.

Edit: I just noticed that BG says it is 146g only. Did they reduce the weight in the v2? I like the original heavy weighted head for better thermal performance.

Not really. The v2 is only slightly lighter weight.