Eneloop Pro manufacture date

I used to go for the Pros years ago…but in my experience, the regular Eneloops are way, way much more long-lasting than the Pros.

In fact, I no longer have any Pro with me, yet my regular Loops are still kicking after a decade.

Is there any reason to believe newer Eneloop are cheaper made/unproven quality as the older ones?
Such speculation has been suggested to me by a seller (not the one I got the Eneloop PROs from), but also having old cells in stock.

Not sure how far in the process they are but Eneloop manufacturing is transitioning to China.

Having said that, there is no proof that the quality will be inferior to one’s made in Japan.

Also, any claim that it’s better to buy old stock Eneloops as they are made in Japan is pure speculation.

No it’s not.

When the US FTC ruled in the late 2000s, that Panasonic could either keep the factory, technology and patents, Panasonic chose to keep the trade name and opened up a factory in China.

These are meant for the Oceania markets.

Fujitsu is Eneloop, not Panasonic.

Chris

I lost you after you said “no its not.”

Hmm...

I'm glad I never got any Eneloop Pros.

All of my LSD cells are either regular Eneloops or their clones.

[quote=zoulas]

Eneloops (Fujitsu/FDK/Japanese) batteries, aren’t transitioning to China.

Clear enough?

Chris

[quote=ChrisGarrett]

Dude, it’s complicated. Don’t act like you know everything. One company sold rights to another company. They made agreements in order to make more money. They sell some in China, some in Japan. Cool off with facts you googled just like I did.