eneloops vs energizer lithium primaries

what are the pros and cons on both of these? i tend to prefer using energizer lithium advanced in my lights, and not sure if its the right choice

i remember someone had answered this question for me once before, but it was in a separate thread about something different.

thanks guys, i know someone here knows all the ins and outs of these

I’ll give it a shot, but you probably know more about them than I do. :smiley:

Eneloops Lithium Primaries
Rechargable Non-rechargable
Lower capacity (2,000-2,500mAh) Highest capacity (3,200mAh)
Lower voltage 1.2V Higher voltage 1.5V
At my country, they’re priced about the same. At my country, they’re priced about the same.
Higher discharge rates High discharge rates
Somewhat resistant to cold More resistant to cold
Pre-charged Ready to use
http://www.eneloop.info/fileadmin/EDITORS/ENELOOP/DATA_SHEETS/HR-3UTGA_data_sheet.pdf http://data.energizer.com/PDFs/l91.pdf
Low Self Discharge (but still loses its charge) Long shelf life (10+ years)

Anything else? :bigsmile:

So I personally wouldn’t use Lithium Primaries due to its price, especially when a pair costs over $10 here. :_(

good start! i knew most of this already, but some may have not

i get my energizers from a local discount store that almost always has stock for $2 a pair. thing i like about them is they seem to last forever in my lights, when i use my duraloops, they seem to die of rather quickly, a lot faster than the 33% difference in mah it seems

i thought i remembered someone say that there is more voltage sag with the lithium primaries and that they can not provide the same amperage as eneloops... but i can not verify that as a fact

thanks for the nice chart though!will be handy for some im sure

Oh man, $2 a pair sure is a game changer.

If that’s the case, I would keep both, as lithium primaries have great shelf life.

So I would put them in lights that I don’t use often (and they don’t leak either) because they will be ready to go anytime.
Lights you use often I would put Eneloops in them because they can be recharged over 500-1000 times.

Sorry I couldn’t be of much help.

plenty of help

ive got 2 energizer lights i keep loaded with primaries, and my ea4... so thats 8 cells total

i have had my ea4w since early feb, and its still reading 6v on the light. i have used it quite a bit, but most of the time either low or med

im just curious if used in something like the ea4 if im getting a considerable difference in output that i would get with eneloops/duraloops. but all of the info would be helpful to the thread i think

Heavy frequent use > rechargeable
Rare, occasional use > primary, unless you simply like ‘burning’ money.
In between…….you determine your hassle vs. value equation.

I prefer the eneloop for my daily use, is to save money.
Often primary Lithium will have better performance

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/16814

If weight is one factor, remember that a eneloop XX weighs twice a primary Lithium.