Enerpower 26650 group buy interest check

Hi folks,

If there is any doubt these cells are the real deal and deliver what they say, I’m convinced. Not only have they very much surpassed my Trustfire 26650 cells in very high current applications, but also produce the same high output current my MNKE IMR Unprotected 26650 cells do. I didn’t expect this due to the protection circuit, but my DMM shows 8.14a on high mode when
tested in my modified 90 watt Trustfire AK-47, that shines like it wants to light up Broadway.

My hobby charger is still on the way to me, but after it arrives, I’ll be able to check the cells out indepth especially if the protection will trip at 8a or 9a.

Where did you buy them Richie?

I contacted Assi direct from his Ebay sales page. I did mention to him I was a BLF member and did get a slight discount from the price shown on Ebay. I paid using Paypal, although the invoice was in German, I was able to make sense of it…LOL.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ENERPOWER-Protected-Rechargeable-Li-Ion-26650-4500-mAh-Tensai-PCB-8A-/261156004037?pt=UK_ConsumerElectronics_Batteries_SM&hash=item3cce1c60c5

glad i found this thread, ill be in for three cells. but im really questioning how these compare with the king kongs

+1

Here is HJK’s review on them. You’d need to find the review he did on the KK’s for a direct comparision.

I talked today with Tomi from akkula.fi and he is willing to make a special offer for you guys.

We are currently very busy with our production and I am afraid I would not be able to give you the best service.

Please write Tomi directly, his prices for deliveries outside Finnland are very similar to ours and we agreed on giving you a special price. Here is his eMail:

kati.valkonen@gmail.com

In case it would not work, please let me know.

BR

Assi

Hi Assi

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

Cheers
Matt

Are the akkula 26650s different from the ones Richie got?
The description says: Maximum load current 7 A (protection circuit shuts down at about 8.5 A discharge current)
I have read somewhere else (I think in the 9XMLthread from richie) that they are able to give 9A. HKJs review was confusing too, because the protection was different on the two cells.

Is it possible to get 26650 with higher protectionlimit?

Hi Everybody

I’m Tomi from akkula.fi. So, you guys are interested in ENERPOWER 26650 and would like to get some? I have talked with Assi and there are some minor issues left i.e. how to ship to USA :wink: The Finnish Post (itella) refuses to ship Li-Ion by airmail (the only courier we currently have contract with). I have requested DHL for an offer and they promised to answer on monday. I will let you know price for shipping as soon as I get prices.

ENERPOWER 26650 is not cheap. Maybe it’s better I confirm price after I’m sure I can shipt to USA somehow… If I get good price from DHL, maybe you are interested in other products too? The more you order, the less is shipping per battery I guess.

EnerDAN always uses PCB according to cell manufacturer specs (that’s not the case with most Li-Ion manufacturers). Of course it looks cool to have 9A trip current for Sanyo UR18650FM 2600 mAh 2C cell, but more than 5,2 A current will cause harm for the cell.

I can ask Assi for 9A PCB for 26650.

Interested in a few dependant on price

my light is arriving sooner than expected, and cannot wait for these cells. sucks, that i have to buy some mnke’s now.
i really wanted these enerpowers too.
does anybody know if king kongs are better or worse than mnke’s

I’m definitely interested in some as well, the better the price the more I’ll go for.

Trustfire TF 26650’s really seem fine, HKJ reviewed them @ 4200 mAh so not bad at all. I’ve used them a few recharges each so far without problem. I still want some Enerpowers though, especially if they have 9A protection!

MNKE’s are better than KK’s at high current draw, but not sure how they compare otherwise.

ok cool thanks, i just ordered three mnke’s

We are talking about 26650s…
In Multiemmitter lights(usually multi cell too) we need high current, about 10A would be okay. That are 2.2C discharge current nothing a “sanyo 18650” cell couldnt deliver… so i guess the tensai 26650 could do also(keeepower 26650 are portected at about 15A)
For example the panasonic3400 from enerdan have protection of about 9A…
There are different versions of the enerdan protection circuits out there(look at HKJs test), this is inconsistent so I asked.
Please inform and don’t say false things!

For all the low current lights the people get even happy with crappyfire or whatever.
And don’t make hopes to sell a lot of the 18650 sanyo/panasonic here, they are a lot overpriced.

Hi Tomi,

Assi sent me 3 x 26650 EnerPower cells to New York without any problem. I received them within 7 days after placing the order. I recall they were sent USPS Priority, which I can see is a problem, but my set got through unnoticed by them, fortunately.

I can’t say exactly what the protection circuit limit is on my set because I haven’t been able to test the PCB limit, but the invoice says 9a PCB. I routinely require them to drive my most high power light (3 x 26650 in series) to 8.14a at the tail cap and perform flawlessly. Perhaps you should check with Assi for clarification on all of this.

Here is info from EnerDAN:
“PCB we use (3 Mosfets) has a minimum of 8.4A. The protection of a PCB depends on the current withdrawn, Temperature etc. – we can say that it would not turn on before 8.4A, but the limit can be up to 20% over the 8.4A.”

That makes sense and is fine with me.