[EU] Free Cometa with BLF A6 or ThorFire TG06S

I’m not going to watch the entire video again but people overreacted a lot when it came out.

Yes, it wasn’t built according to spec (shame on BG and the group buy) but neither is the price now, they fixed the potential short when using unreasonably long cells by adding a plastic washer and the potential short on the LED retaining ring… well, it hasn’t happened to me and i’ve screwed it off and on many times to mod, no scratches in the anodization creating a short.

I’d toss any ultrafires people gave me too, yet the SK98 is a popular host here.

My experience with the Cometa… good stock despite only cool white being available, smooth threads, no burrs. nice beefy pill (takes ages for a Luxeon MZ to heat it up at 12A) flawless anodization, no bubbles/scratches in/on the lens.

Most of the Cometa feels well-built but I don’t like how that nice lens is mounted, if you tighten the bezel more than moderate, it can crack.

This was fixed later and it now has plastic ring around LED, not metal so no shorts, also plastic ring around positive connection on driver and no problem there.
Not the best fix, but I believe it is safe and other people say the same.

I would never post a deal if I didn’t think it was safe for use!

All items now on backorder for me :person_facepalming:

:person_facepalming:

I ordered before posting here and my is still processing.
We should wait and see. I really hope we all get this deal.

Also still on processing

2 en proceso 2 agotados

Ordered both the A6 and the TG06s with the Cometas, and —oh wonder— back-ordered…

The wait begins… Just like with the 16€? Cometas. :neutral_face:

I got Cometa last time, we will see…

Wasn’t the Cometa the really unsafe light without the insulator that shorted the battery?

HERE

Was, yes. They shipped a bunch to BLF and Italian CPF users for quality control and it failed design review for the reasons you recall.
From what I read above, they adopted the fixes users at the flashlight forums pointed out are needed. One would hope any now for sale have the design improvements. If not, easy enough to do.

The head still rattles when you shake the light though. Inept copying of a better flashlight.

I certainly was not the first one to pull the trigger on this deal.
It is still on back-order and all search commands lead to a Cometa that is sold out.
So maybe this will be a really really long wait.

Please let me know if any of you get a shipping confirmation or even receive your lights.

Even the BLF A6 is now on back-order. The funny part, I already got my 0,78 € cashback for this order.

Guys, just wait some time.
I will update if anything changes.

They haven’t been shipped yet but BG already sent a mail to review them :person_facepalming:

Do you know from which country do they ship those flashlights?

I ordered BLF A6 and Cometa and it’s also on Back Order for me, even though it was available when I ordered it. I’m not sure but I think the Cometa was available from a UK warehouse.

Now you are coming to the funny bits :innocent: all incl. insurance.

If the TG06S is ordered from the Chinese warehouse, it will cost me € 8.94
If the TG06S was ordered form the EU warehouse (UK), it would cost me €12.26
The TG06S plus free GIFT I ordered from the EU warehouse has cost me €13.69

And I’ve read in another thread that there will be no partial refund if the order is split up and partial cancelled, because the cancelled part of the order AKA THE GIFT was FREE :person_facepalming:

EDIT: Hm…, the text above was so clear that even I got the message :wink:
So I ordered the ThorFire from CN, and cancelled the ThorFire plus free GIFT from UK.
Interesting part: I could not resist myself and thought, what if I repurchase the order I just cancelled.
Well for one, there was no free Cometa included in the repurchase. QED.

This reminds me of former deals within car parts where expensive tuning parts were “given away” if the MOQ was high enough. Apparently nobody got these extra deals except a few fake accounts on forums the sellers created :smiley:
Interesting way to boost sales in a down period…

However, we shall wait and see and not judge prematurely… maybe we’ll see the gift.

I hope we will see all of our flashlights.

I saw a good deal and decided to share it. I hope I wasn’t wrong doing this…