Evil stupid people in the world. :(

I don’t drink soda very often these days but prefer coke over pepsi.

I wasn’t a fan of the North American sodas that I tried, most of them gave me stomach cramps or a headache.

Well I am pulling the race card here! My mum is Italian so i have been drinking coffee since i was really young so i am use to it. Not all coffee tastes the same! We all have different taste buds so we will all like different flavor coffee and you have so many choices of beans to choose from.

Instant coffee is rubbish way to many preservatives (gives me acid) buy your self a Espresso Maker or as coffee machine so you can taste how coffee is meant to be made. lots of places to buy fresh beans from now…

Lately I've been drinking Diet A&W Root Beer.

I actually prefer the taste of Diet Dr. Pepper or Diet Mountain Dew, but the caffeine screws up my already screwed-up sleep schedule.

Back when I was in Germany (mid ’80s, 521st Maintenance Co. Giessen) we had a coffee fund. $3/mo per person for all you could drink. The rule was if you emptied the sugar bowl you refilled it. I got tired of going for a cup and finding less than a teaspoonful. I started drinking it black much to the annoyance of the lazy individuals expecting me to refill it. It didn’t take long before I started to enjoy a nice strong dark cup of coffee.

Apparently this post has been seen as rude. :person_facepalming:

It’s for Rude, Lewd, or Conflictive posts.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/40153

I have to order my moms coffee off the web for her, by the case. It’s instant but she says it’s the only one that doesn’t give her indigestion or heartburn. The reason I have to buy it for her is because it’s so popular people buy it by the case for $4 each and put it on Amazon or their stores for $15-$20 a bottle. Found all this out when she told me she couldn’t get it locally anymore and wanted me to find her some.

Next time I order it for her I’ll get an extra and send you a bottle to try.

-Michael

NO this seems plain wrong
Whisky - Scottish
Whiskey - Irish
Whiskie - Oriental
Bourbon - that way too sweet largely corn based US cr@p (Ok Makers Mark I can give some points for being nice)

We make our own soda with kefir grains
Just using different lemonades and/or fruits and after two days put them in big beer bottles we re use. We decide the flavor orself by the ingredients we put in there and how long we have it stnad before bottling.
We decide the level of carbonisation by the duration of having the bottles outside of the fridge.
Very nice, and after tweaking the methodes, a lot of very spoiled cola and sweet drinks loving kids now prefer our stuff over the commerial sodas :wink:

Grew old. To much sugar makes me crook. The unsweetened taste grows on you. :weary:

Sounds interesting do you know what is in it?

Miller i think the Scottish call whisky Scotch in Scotland?

Yes Scotch Whisky

It takes some time to get used to unsweetened coffee but a good tip is get yourself a bunch of different beans for that first week
Try to taste them and focus on the coffee, no sugar to distract you and before you know it you dont need sugar anymore.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by
the rulers as useful." Lucius Annaeus Seneca

A cup of tea is the best choice. :beer:

Do you have a recipe you can share with newbs?

Thought it was just coffee, I’m not home now, but will see what the label says when I return.

Sending you a link, OOS as usual but read the reviews, 5 of 5 stars and 97% of people would recommend it, out of 140 reviews lol!

I drink my coffee black, no sugar.

$10 for 3 lbs at Costco. I keep a few in stock. Excellent coffee!

Default way of making kefir:
7 table spoons sugar 4 figs
1,8l water in a masonjar
And of course the kefir grains
After two days bottle it
Use bottles that can withstand pressure of CO2 build up
Have these stand outside fridge for half a day then keep in fridge.

Of course kefir grows and the more there is the faster it goes so reducing the amount from time to time is needed, I split it and experiment with it (using hops and malt extract for example ruins the grains (not salvageable because of the hop mess) but gives a nice beer like result ideal for hot summer days.)

Instead of sugar use lemonade
Bottle it after one day for a sweater drink.
Toss a grapefruit cut in for in there
Toss pieces of watermelon in there
Well a you can choose all kinds of flavoring things (a stick of vanilla, anis stars, other herbs, mint leaves)

I have found mint lemonade makes the grains grow very fast, doubling it in two times (and the grains become green for a while)

+1 for black, just coffee no sugar. So much easier. I don’t know how many of you have “Dunkin Donuts” near you, but, anytime you order a coffee there with cream they make it WAY too light. Something about the machine puts in too much is usually their excuse. It is really hard to f’up a cup of black coffee! lol

I have 3 within a mile of my house. I used to love their coffee, but in recent years, they make it too weak for my liking. One other thing, they used to make the donuts on premises and they were always fresh. Not anymore. Not sure where they’re getting them from these days. Needless to say, I don’t get them anymore.

In my area there are a couple stores that still have a bakery in them, they supply all the other stores in the area. I honestly prefer Stewarts (may not have them in Long Island) coffee. I also like Starbucks, which for regular coffee is actually cheaper than DD….